“A wonderful hotel!”

Aegialis Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Aegiali
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed October 16, 2013

The rooms are large and very comfortable, the saltwater pool is fabulous, there's a spa, and also a huge, very comfy sitting area with overstuffed chairs and a small library of books you can borrow. There's an excellent on-site restaurant. The only downside to this place is that it's perched way up on a hill on the other side of the bay from town - so it's a long walk to get to Aegali's sandy beach, or to do souvenir shopping in town. Plan on having a rental car or scooter if you want to stay here. The hotel can arrange transport to and from town for you, but it's just easier to have your own vehicle.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
StamatisAegialis, Guest Relations Manager at Aegialis Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Thank you so much for your beautiful comment.
I'm really glad to read you enjoyed your stay and that you appreciated all our facilities.
It is delightful to us to read such good words regarding our high standard of services.
Buses stopping working end of September we indeed usually recommend to rent a car or a scooter to access more easily the port (10-15mn walk) but also to discover the island.
Once again I thank you for reviewing us and recommending TripAdvisor surfers to come over to Aegialis Hotel & Spa.
We look forward to welcome you back to Amorgos.
Kindest regards,

There are newer reviews for Aegialis Hotel & Spa

Reviewed October 13, 2013

We just loved everything about this hotel. Our comfortable, clean room with views to die for. Our bed was the most comfortable bed we'd slept on whilst on our travels. The breakfast was a very nice buffet style and dinners we had at the restaurant there were delicious...very reasonably priced too. The pool area was gorgeous and we were looked after well by all staff at the hotel. Such a great place to wind down and totally relax. Amorgos is a beautiful island and we would love to return one day and stay at this hotel. Thank you to Irene and staff for there warmth.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
StamatisAegialis, Guest Relations Manager at Aegialis Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words.
It is a true pleasure to read you had a memorable moment with us!
I am very pleased to see you enjoyed all facilities and services we offer and would specially like to thank you for mentioning your satisfaction regarding our rooms, Ambrosia Restaurant and our staff.
Amorgos is indeed a beautiful island and I suggest next time you visit to come in spring when it is so colourfull with flowers and a lot of celebrations.
We look forward welcoming you back very soon.
Kindest regards,

Reviewed October 10, 2013

I have just spent a week here on a yoga retreat. The hotel is fabulous and the setting is stunning. Irene and her amazing team are so welcoming and nothing is too much trouble. The staff in the Spa are also fabulous and the treatments leave you feeling thoroughly pampered! I will be returning next year for another week of bliss thankyou x

• Stayed: October 2013

Thank you for this splendid feedback.
As I was saying to Claire it was a great pleasure to welcome all of you...
We do our utmost to please our guests and read such a review is the best reward.
I'll share your kind words with the whole team and we all look forward to welcome you next year.
All our best regards from beautiful Amorgos,

Reviewed October 10, 2013

I just returned from teaching a yoga retreat at Aegialis Hotel and Spa, bringing with me 29 people aged from 3 months to 60+. Wow! what a wonderful week.

The first few days the hotel was full as another group were there for a walking holiday but at no time did the service or the smiles drop. Later in the week we pretty much had the place to ourselves and were thoroughly spoiled.

The food was delicious - so fresh, juicy and varied. Even at the spa, after a treatment we were treated to plates of fruit, yoghurt and salvia tea - yum! The staff have to be some of the most friendly and professional I have come across.

The spa facilities were wonderful, with excellent therapists, the yoga facilities were equally excellent and adaptable.

Irene the owner was on the ball form the very first email I sent and was completely accommodating to the needs of a group with such a wide age range. All transfers to and from the port went smoothly. Overall - total relaxation, rejuvenation, peace and space to connect with each other and laugh a lot.

I have nothing negative to say about my experience here - I am booking to take another group same time, same place next year.

Room Tip: request a room under the yoga terrace - lovely big veranda
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Claire,

What a review... Thank you so much for all your beautiful words!
We loved to welcome you and it was a real pleasure to meet each other.
Indeed we genuinely love to look after our guests and wish all of them to keep wonderful memories of their stay at Aegialis Hotel & Spa. I believe it can only happen by offering something unique and authentic...
I am, so, very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and feel very flattered to welcome you again next year!
I would also like to thank you for pointing out the quality of our restaurant and Spa but also for your beautiful words regarding the whole team.
I'm sending you right away some pictures of your stay and of the yoga classes,
We look forward to welcome you back to Amorgos,

With all our best regards,

Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

First of all I want to mention that Amorgos is a beautiful tranquil island. There is not much to do but relax and enjoy the scenery. This hotel is situated above a bay and offers you a great sight, day and night. The rooms are clean with a comfortable bed (we had a balcony), the bathroom is tight but practical. The staff is friendly and helpful, from front desk to restaurant and pool. The hotel has a good restaurant with very reasonable prices and there is a pizza restaurant near the pool that offers great tasting pizza and salads. We didn't use the spa but got a tour and I must say it looked charming and professional with again reasonable prices. Price for a room is not cheap but you get a lot for it

• Stayed: September 2013
StamatisAegialis, Υπεύθυνος Σχέσεων με Πελάτες at Aegialis Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience on your recent stay in our property.
I am more that pleased to hear that you enjoyed your holidays and your compliments have been forwarded to our staff members.
I would specially like to thank you for mentioning your satisfaction regarding both of our restaurants (Ambrosia Gallery Restaurant and Nick's Pizza) but also about your room.
I regret you didn't have the time to enjoy the SPA since as a guest you have free access to its facilities.

We look forward to welcome you back at Aegialis Hotel & Spa,
With our best regards,

Reviewed October 5, 2013

I arrived on Amorgos at Katapola after catching the SeaJet from Santorini. I was picked up in Katapola by the hotel mini bus which was nice as you got to meet you fellow guests. The drive back to the hotel takes you from one end of the island to the other, with some fantastic views as you drive along the road that hugs the mountains and climb up to the top of the island and back down again. Personally I would not like to try that drive myself in the dark as there are lots of tight bends with sheer drops off the side of the road in many places.

Upon arrival at the hotel I was warmly greeted by the staff and get to know the lovely Irene, one of the owners of the hotel. The room was spacious and well equipped and the view from my balconies was to die for. Hotel guests have access to an indoor (Located in the spa) and outdoor seawater pool. The outdoor pool is where lunch can be taken with the food freshly cooked a few feet away. Be warned that the food portion sizes are very large compared to what I was use to in England. The hotel can organise excursions and I went on a donkey ride in a local village up to a mountainside church. Internet connections can often drop out but that's not the fault of the hotel, it's like that across the island.

I often ate in Aegiali which has numerous restaurants and explored the islands beaches and monastery using a hire car. I am told the island has 2 petrol stations, so it's handy that one of them is located just down from the hotel down a side road next to the Camping Site.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

Dear Gary,

Thank you so much for your beautiful comment.
I'm really glad to read you enjoyed your stay and that you appreciated your room, Nick's Pizza, the two sea water pools and the location of our property.
I thank you also for mentioning our friendly and helpful staff, it is always a pleasure to share positive feedbacks from our guests with our staff members.
We look forward to welcome you back to Amorgos.

With our best regards,

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Excellent facilities, family run, friendly staff, beautiful views on a beautiful island.
Superb breakfast and dinner. the pool provided towels, excellent service and food if required.
The sun beds were comfy. The salt water pool did not bother us and the pool was on the large side.
We will return in the future.

Room Tip: All views equally excellent
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
StamatisAegialis, Guest Relations Manager at Aegialis Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Thank you for this splendid feedback regarding our "excellent" standards of service.
We do our utmost to please our guests and I am glad to hear that we have achieved our aim.
I also would like to thank you for pointing out the quality of breakfast and dinner served at Ambrosia Restaurant. We indeed proud ourselves in offering mostly local organic products (from our own production or other farmers).

We look forward to welcoming you back soon to Amorgos.

Best regards,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Aegiali
Vigla Hotel
#11 of 12 in Amorgos
Lakki Village
Lakki Village
#5 of 8 in Aegiali

Been to Aegialis Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!