“Great place and great view”

Aegialis Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Aegiali
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I stayed at AEGIALIS Hotel last year. It's a very good place comfortable, clean, quiet and with a beautiful view of the bay. The staff is friendly and efficient
According to me one of the best accomodation in the Island: near the beaches, near the village of Aegiali and it's a good starting point to explore the beautiful Island of Amorgos.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
StamatisAegialis, Manager at Aegialis Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Thank you so much for taking time to review us on TripAdvisor !
We are glad to read you enjoyed your stay with us and we thank you very much for pointing out our high standards of services.
The team and I are extremely pleased to have satisfied all of your expectations and to be considered as one of the best accommodation of the island.
We look forward to welcoming you back, maybe next september...

Reviewed March 21, 2013

My friends had stayed at this hotel 1 year ago, and they were talking about the great time they had there and on Amorgos.

My wife and I decided to go to Aegialis Hotel on our 5th wedding Anniversary, so we booked an Exclusive Suite. The view was fantastic, we could see the beautiful villages of Aegiali, the mountains and the port.

Although it was winter, the sunny days inspired us to explore the paths. Unfortunately, one day it was very windy, and could not go to walk, so we decided to spend some time in the spa. We used the sauna and the steam bath, just for us, which was included in our room charge. Finally, that was a great surprise, as we did not expect to find such a complete Spa center on a small island.

We like to thank all the staff for the warm welcoming and the good services they offered us!

We wish we had more days to stay. Surely we’ll come back.

Eric

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
StamatisAegialis, Manager at Aegialis Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Dear Eric,
That was just a year ago and we are so glad to read you kept such nice memories from your stay with us!! We were very happy to welcome for such an occasion and hope to see you again soon.
Thank you very much for your wonderful comments and taking time to share your experience at Aegialis Hotel & Spa.
Your satisfaction means a lot to us and encourages us to keep on providing high standards of services.
We wish you a happy 6th Anniversary and look forward to welcoming you back soon,
With our best regards,

Reviewed March 18, 2013

I also stayed here for the yoga teacher training for one month. I have to say I absolutely loved my room and private balcony overlooking the bay...flat screen tv, modern lights that could all be dimmed from switches by the bed or by the door and the bathroom was modern, clean and the staff changed the towels daily as well as cleaning the room very efficiently. I was very impressed with the level of service, the regular smiles and genuine concern and care for our overall well being. The staff were always ready to help with anything no matter how small. The beach is just a short walk away down the hill and very clean water, the people in the local village were very friendly and the island is well worth a day trip to discover little beaches and coves. I enjoyed the massages at the spa and the indoor spa pool as well as the hot steam room and indoor and outdoor jacuzzis. The outdoor pool was just lovely and the pizza bar and the bar were always there to tempt....! Oh they even have their own nightclub underneath the pool, pretty amazing! There is also a well equipped gym that i never actually used as i was so engrossed in my yoga course 6 out of 7 days that I just didn't have any energy left over except to relax by the pool and catch up on my tan! There is so much to say about this place - including the talented live music some of the evenings over dinner.....movies, nice relaxing couches indoors and outdoors, pool table, fresh healthy food, mini fridge in the bedroom.
Overall i would definitely recommend this hotel to family and friends and hope to return one day. My stay was the whole month of September 2012.

Room Tip: Higher up rooms give a great view of the bay
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Naradi,

What can I say after such a comment!
The whole team and I are truly thankful for these words and also glad to read you spent a nice time with us. Our aim is indeed to genuinely look after all of our guests and it is our utmost reward to hear such a positive feedback!
We really enjoyed your company for the whole month of September and wish to see you back soon. This time, no mistake on the T-shirt....
Looking forward to welcoming you back,
Kind regards,

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I have stayed at Aegialis hotel & Spa in Amorgos for 4 weeks in September during a yoga teacher training. Amorgos is one of the most beautiful islands of the Cyclades. It is still very preserved from tourism. Aegialis Hotel & spa is a very comfortable hotel overlooking a bay with a stunning view. In 4 weeks I never get tired of it. The staff is very friendly and efficient. The management is always making sure that you feel at home. It was a great experience and I recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
StamatisAegialis, Directeur général at Aegialis Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Dear Emmanuel,

Thank you so much for taking time to write on TripAdvisor about your stay at Aegialis Hotel & Spa.
I was just watching some photos of your wonderful yoga training and remembered how nice it was to have you with us for all this time. What an amazing Yoga group you were, the whole staff and I were in admiration..
We are really glad to read you enjoyed your time with us and in particular for pointing out that you have "felt like being at home". You couln't make us happier.

We hope to welcome you back soon,

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Greatly enjoyed my one week stay in this friendly hotel - mind you, someone else was paying for me. Very welcoming staff, excellent food and good facilities. Highly recommended. Short stroll down the hill to a lovely beach - just right for a moonlit swim.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
StamatisAegialis, Directeur général at Aegialis Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Dear Ian,

Thank you so much for your positive feedback regarding your overall enjoyable stay at Aegialis Hotel & Spa.
I'm more than happy to read you did the short walk down the hill to enjoy a moonlit swim - it is one of the most pleasant experience Amorgos offers...
I also would like to thank you for pointing out our high standards of service as it serves as an encouragement to the whole staff. We love to look after our guest and it's a pleasure to read you noticed and appreciated it.

We hope to welcome you back soon and to meet your wife this time.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Aegialis Hotel, from Amorgos Island, is one of the best places for a vacation in Greece. I’ve spend here a few unforgettable days in October 2012, together with my wife, Eliza. The way from Romania to Amorgos is not very short, but I have to tell all of you that the trip deserves to be done. Amorgos is a splendid island, with colors, shapes and smells you will never forget and our staying at Aegialis Hotel was a special experience. A wonderful family is the owner of this hotel, placed in Aegialis village. It has spa, a restaurant where you can eat traditional Greek food and to listen traditional Greek music, swim pools and all the conditions a tourist need when he wants to feel like home. You can see the sea and the bay with its burning sunsets from any windows or balconies of Aegialis Hotel. It is a silent and luxury place where you can rest, dream and be in love. I think that this hotel is very good choice for lovers and for just married people, because it is so romantic and its employers and managers are so kind.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

What a pleasure to read such a comment and to participate to the magic of love...
Indeed, Amorgos is a feerique island and I believe Aegialis Hotel & Spa to be a perfect place for romantic moments with its sunsets on the bay.
It is also one of the reason couples choose the hotel for their honeymoon or to organize and celebrate their wedding!
We do our utmost so our guests spend magnicient moments with us and I'm happy to read we have provided you with a flawless service.
I also thank you for mentioning the quality of Ambrosia Restaurant as well as the Greek Nights.

We look forward to welcome you back soon,
With our best regards,

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Great service, gorgeous hotel. Amargos itself is an incredible destination. My girlfriend and I travelled here in order to relax after a hectic period, and we got exactly what we wanted. A low stress environment at a relaxing hotel. Comfortable rooms with an amazing view and good food.We did not visit the spa, but it looked very nice.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your positive feedback regarding your stay at Aegialis Hotel & Spa. It's a pleasure to read you had a nice time and found what you were looking for.
Indeed Aegialis Hotel & Spa goal is to offer its guests a unique environment where they can find relaxation, peace and beauty! I am truly glad to see we have achieved our goal..
I am mostly pleased to hear you enjoyed our rooms and restaurant. The Chef mostly use local products and vegetables from our organic garden to offer the best quality of food.

We look forward to your next stay to Amorgos,
With all my best regards,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Aegiali
Vigla Hotel
#5 of 12 in Amorgos
Lakki Village
Lakki Village
#5 of 8 in Aegiali

Been to Aegialis Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!