Aegialis Hotel & Spa
Vigla Hotel(Tholaria)
  • Pool
Aeolos Hotel(Koufonissi)
Koufonisia Hotel(Koufonissi)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
All reviewsyoga retreatsea waterpool areathe ownerbeautiful islandcooking classbreathtaking viewsrestaurant staffrooms are comfortablehair salonexclusive roompizza restauranthotel offersamazing hotelslice of paradisehotel is situatedfully equipped gym
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 28, 2007

I have visited Amorgos island (beautiful island although a little windy) on Aug. 2007. I had the terrible experience of staying (I manage to do this for only 2 nights, because I could not find anywhere a vacancy, fortunatelly I manage that for the rest of 6 nights) in the Cabana rooms "offered" from Aegialis hotel. I am Greek so I have traveled to all the Greek islands and of course stayd to a numerous hotels. THIS WAS THE WORST ROOM I HAVE EVER STAY. Dirty, with bad smell, no light, and beds maybe 20 yrs old... I costs 75€ per night but it doesn't worth even 5€ for such a room. I have tryed several times to change the room with one of the main bulding (very-very expencive approx. 200€ and of course over-estimated), but the lady in the receprion (most propably the owner) didn't even call me back to tell me if the did or did not have any vacancy. Please believe me... there is no hotel such as Aegialis and particulerly CABANA rooms that is first of all OVER-estimated on price, second with such people with such a bad behavior, and third... just AVOID Cabana rooms.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
6  Thank Nikos66
Reviewed August 7, 2007

Amorgos is a fantastic island, and I would recommend anyone looking for a genuine and beautiful Greek island to go there.

I stayed at Aegialis Hotel for 10 nights together with my girlfriend, in a standard double room. The room was OK, but the cleaning was very far from OK. They put a lot of "perfumed water" on the floor daily and thought that was enough. They had no idea of how to make a room CLEAN.

The breakfast buffet was good, but do not have lunch or dinner at the hotel. The quality of the cooking was lower (and the prices were higher...) than any other restaurants we went to in Greece. We ordered an avocado sallad once, and got uneatable unripe avocado...

The best thing about the hotel is the pool area, and the friendliness of the staff. I still think this is the best hotel in Amorgos but you can get rooms of the same standard for a third of the price at other places.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dreyfus111
Reviewed August 3, 2007

We just returned home from Greece. Being there for 4 weeks was wonderful but the last week was absolutley the best! We spent 7 glorious days stay at the Aegialis Hotel. I was hooked from the pictures on the web but once we got there.....it was something else!!! We loved the sea water pool, the clean and comfortable rooms and of course the hospitality that we received.......we just felt like we were family! Great food with breathtaking views. I LOVED the spa. The massage treatment was so relaxing that I didn't think I'd leave to go back home!! It was so easy to get my car rental too from the hotel. We just haven't stopped talking about our trip! can't wait to go back!!! thank you, thank you!!!! ...and see you again!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2007

From the moment we arrived on the island of Amorgos, it was breath taking. The hotel bus was waiting for us to take us to the hotel. When we arrived at Aegialis Hotel, Mrs. Irene and her staff were so welcoming. The hotel is situated on a hill that when you are out on your balcony or sitting at the terrace you have the most beautiful view of the island. Our room was beautiful, the restaurant on the premises which serves breakfast, lunch and dinner using the freshest local ingredients was excellent. The Spa was so magical - I took the opportunity to endulge myself to one of the spa treatments and it was wonderful. We are planning on coming back again next summer and we will be staying here again. A big thank you to Mrs. Irene, her family and her staff for making our vacation so magical.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed July 18, 2007

We've been staying in a superior room for 4 nights in June 2007.

The view was really nice, but the new part of the hotel was still under construction. Our room was clearly not finished (electrical wires still not connected, ...) and there were workers all around from the early morning. The way to the room was very slipery.

Also the location is nice, the beach is close, but the way go there is very trick, especially after sundown.

But overall, the employees although trying to be very nice, were clearly not professional enough:
- we waited 1h30 to get our dinner served (I pretty much advice to avoid the restaurant)
- room was not cleaned when we got back at 5pm !
- many small details showing the lack of experience of the staff

to summarize: it might be a good hotel... in a couple of years.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple