“PERFECT LOCATION, FRIENDLY STAFF”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Oulu
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Oulu
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 7, 2014

The hotel, although from outside looking a bit old-fashoined and boring, has a perfect location very close to the nicest places in Oulu. The staff is extremely friendly and helping ; the breakfast offering is better than competition. All in all, we were very satisfied with our stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Erkki J
FOManagement, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Oulu, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Thank you Erkki for your extremely kind review. It is always great to get a full score in TripAdvisor :). We hope that we will still see you in Oulu! With kind regards, Pasi Pollari/ Front Office Manager

Reviewed March 31, 2014

Good hotel. Clean and good view. Excellent breakfast. Very close to a wealth of nightlife and sights in Oulu, especially some outstanding restaurants and bars. For business in the Oulu area this is nicely located, central to most everything and about 20 minutes drive to the airport.

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
FOManagement, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Oulu, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Thank you Brian for your kind review! It was nice to hear that our location has been convenient for you. It seems that you had a nice trip to Oulu and we hope that there will be more of them in the future. With kind regards, Pasi Pollari/ Front Office Manager

Reviewed March 27, 2014

I've stayed at this hotel before, it was OK, but based on my experience that just happened - I'll never stay here again.

I was in my room when I started hearing and smelling gas. I called down to the front desk said there was gas leaking and that they needed to someone immediately to my room. 10 minutes later, still no one had come. The gas smell got so bad that t tried to open the windows, but in the room they're all locked shut. I started to feel as if i was going to faint, and kept the room door open with a chair. I called the front desk again and said it was an emergency and over 5 minutes later someone from the front desk finally showed up.

It was a problem with minibar refrigerator that started leaking ammonia gas. I was offered to change rooms, but not even an apology.

One thing was clear, this hotel staff could not handle this relatively small emergency, I would never, never want to be here if ever there were a big emergency.

if safety is a basic test of an hotel, the Oulu Radisson Blu failed miserably !

2  Thank davidofsifnos

Thank you for your review. I am very sorry to hear about the incident in our hotel room. During last ten years, we have had one similar incident. So it seems that this incident was very unfortunate and extremely rare. In this case the ammonia was dropping in the back of the refridgerator. The portion is not big but the smell is very uncomfortable. Luckily this is not anymore possible in our new refridgerator models. We do take our safety issues very seriously and we are very sorry that the handling of this issue did not meet your expectations. With all due respect, we have been very apologetic about the incident. I would still like to express my deepest apologies on the behalf of Radisson Blu Hotel Oulu for this experience. With kind regards, Pasi Pollari/ Front office Manager

Reviewed March 25, 2014

This hotel was very child- and dog-friendly! Our kids got colouring books and our dog even had a bed made for her (too bad she´s only allowed on the floor..) The room was clean, even the windows. The cleaners in Finland usually don´t know their stuff but this was very nice

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Thank you Satu for your kind review. It was nice to hear that your family has been satisfied with the stay in Oulu and that even the dog felt himself welcome to our hotel. We actually do have a very good location for pet owners. Ainola Park and Toppilansaari is very close to us and very easy to reach from the hotel. We get lots of good feedback of our location. I hope that we will meet again! With kind regards, Pasi Pollari/ Front Office Manager

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Really nice staff, good rooms and superb breakfast. Dining at the Sassi restaurant was ok too, but nothing special. Good location and lovely view. We will stay again. This was definitely much better than some other hotels in Oulu.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
FOManagement, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Oulu, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

Thank you Heidi for your kind review. It was nice to hear that you have been happy with our hotel. I hope that we will meet again and hopefully you have a chance to visit us during summer time, when the Sea View Terrace is open and also the Sassi menu has been renewed. With kind regards, Pasi Pollari/ Front Office Manager

Reviewed March 21, 2014

I visit Oulu once in a while to spend a weekend there and this time I managed to get a advance booking -rate. Radisson Blu Oulu is maybe the best hotel in Oulu at the moment when comparing quality and night rate.

The service is always excellent there. You really feel welcome and the small details like the bed that adjusts to your body temperature, a selection of different kind of pillows or massage equipment (which can be ordered and they bring it up to your room), gives the little luxury.

It is important to ask a room towards the river view and away from the night club downstairs. The view towards the plaza is okey during the weekdays but can be a bit loud during the weekends due to cars and people on the street during night time.

The breakfast is excellent and I like that they serve the coffee or tee pot to your table. They also cook omelettes according to your wishes but I hope they would bring it up and maybe "market" it a bit more. At the moment you can even have your breakfast without noticing it! In the other Radisson Blu hotels you can't miss it :)

I wish that the rooms would be a bit more clean;
They are not dirty but for example dust and hair can be seen on the floor and on the toilet floor. Also the floor under the bed should be cleaned.

The location is great and I like the closeness of the nature. The car parking besides the hotel costs 10 euros/day but you can quite easily find a place for your car if it is not -30 degrees or if you do not mind walking few hundreds of meters.

This is not a very new hotel (older than Scandic Oulu) but I would say that a bit more luxury than Scandic Oulu nowadays (Scandic is maybe a more family hotel).

I would definitely recommend this hotel and especially I want to thank the personnel at the reception and at the breakfast! You really made me feel welcome.

Ps. The restaurant Sassi below the hotel is excellent! During the weekends a table reservation is strongly recommended!

Room Tip: Ask a room on the upper floors towards the river and away from the night club.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
FOManagement, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Oulu, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Thank you for your kind review! You were very comprehensive with your review and this is a very good tool for us again to improve our services. It seems that you have experiences of several hotels in Oulu, which gives you good and objective perspective. We are very pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and we hope that we will see you again! With kind regards, Pasi Pollari/ Front Office Manager

Reviewed March 21, 2014

The hotel room was new and clean, quiet. The free quest WLAN / Internet worked perfectly. The best part was the amazing breakfast buffet. It was excellent. The hotel location is also very central in Oulu so there's little need for a car / taxi.

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Thank you Marko for your kind review. It was nice to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. It was also nice to hear that you have noticed our improvements with the Super Breakfast Buffet and with our free 100MB wlan connection :). I hope that we will meet again in Oulu. With best regards, Pasi Pollari/ Front Office Manager