“Lovely place for a quick visit”
Review of Santa Claus Office

Visit to Santa Claus Village and Snowmobiling to Reindeer Farm from Rovaniemi
Ranked #2 of 71 things to do in Rovaniemi
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Meet Santa Claus every day of the year!
Reviewed April 15, 2013

This is not a noisy theme park, but Santa Claus' office, where you can visit him for free. We happened to be there at a quiet time, so were able to have a really long chat with Santa - a most friendly chappie.

There are shops and places to spend money, but this place is, in my opinion, quite tastefully done and nowhere did we get a feeling we had to buy or spend money.

In winter time there are several slides that children (and adults!) can slide on + there is a chance for a reindeer ride (which was quite expensive though).

1  Thank Travelling_w_kids_9
Write a ReviewReviews (1,296)

Reviewed April 12, 2013

During the stairs climb, which took around an hour due to the number of people, you could see what was going on in Santa's office: people were sitting down next to him, posed for the photo and right after that the next family or group of friends was in. No different for me, either. And the worst thing is that you are never told how much the photos and videos cost or how they look like, so you wait that long for just exchanging three words with Santa! And after that it is when you get the surprise: incredibly expensive!!!! It's just a business, a tourist-trap for tourists. I should have expected it but I naively thought that they wouldn't play with children that way.

8  Thank fufaita
Antti K, Public Relations Manager at Santa Claus Office, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Hi

I'm very sorry to hear about your experience at Santa Claus Office.

I would like to respond on few things that were mentioned on the review. The queue to meet Santa is sometimes longer, other times shorter. We have however tried to make the queuing as convenient and fun as possible. Alas, the longer time the visitors spend with Santa, the longer is the queue. Our skillful team of expert Santa's Helpers try in all available manners to create a practice that is fluid, friendly and magical. I'm very sorry that we have not succeeded on this with You. We believe this should be a great once-in-a-lifetime experience and we work hard to constantly make it better and more powerful.

There is no admittance fee to Santa Claus Office. We are open every day of the year, as we believe that all the travellers and friends of Santa should be able to meet him.

We do offer a high quality video and photographing service. However there is no obligation on buying that. I also do believe that our prices are really quite reasonable for photos and videos of full studio quality.

Thank you for your review, I'm glad that I can respond to you, and I'm once again very sorry that your experience at Santa Claus Office did not meet your expectations.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

We have this as a yearly radition. Each summer we go to meet Santa and say thank you for the christmas gifts. Our son is not too keen on sitting in his lap for the photo, but we will get there.. It is a nice place!. If you see a group of tourists coming, run to get ahead in the line or you will spend a hour more than you planned.

1  Thank Bornen B
Reviewed March 26, 2013

expensive photographing, but worth to do once in life. note the visit not in peak season- reasonable waiting time.

1  Thank Alexei L
Reviewed March 20, 2013

This office is just a small part of the entire village which has a lot more to offer, the office has souvenirs, post cards and Santa shows up from time to time. For reivew of the entire village look for Santa Claus Village under the attractions tab. There's a post office from where you can post cards and an information centre from where you can get an Arctic stamp on your passport.

2  Thank Traveleator