We stayed here for 2 nights in February on our way further north. The bungalows are nicely decorated, clean, cosy and warm. We booked the entire bungalow (so 2 rooms) for the four of us and that was certainly spacious enough. If you have to spend the night with four people in one room and use the bed and the sofabed then there will not be a lot of room to move around. I wouldn't use the kitchen to cook a meal. It is just too small but it's great for making coffee or tea and a fridge always comes in handy. Bathroom & sauna are spacious, functional and clean but not very luxurious. The cottage surroundings are lovely in wintertime with lots and lots of snow. The cottages are basically on a large parking lot so I don't think it's equally lovely in summertime. Airport pickup is punctual and we were warmly greeted. Very nice people in the reception area which is also a souvenir shop. Service at the restaurant is not very good. Slow, not as friendly as we are used to in Finland, tables not cleared on time, ... It seems that the restaurant caters for the tourbuses that come to the Santa Claus Village every day. The food is average both for breakfast and evening meals and quite expensive. At night, there is only one restaurant on site and it closes early. Lots of souvenir shops in the Santa Claus Village which we liked because we didn't come across a lot of shops in the remainder of our trip. We met Santa by accident one morning and he is a very nice man ;) Supermarkets are to be found in Rovaniemi. The ice slide at Arctice was fun for our kids and for us as well. Quite expensive entry ticket though for just the slide and access to an empty ice bar but you can come and go all day long. It was a fun stopover for 2 nights but I wouldn't stay any longer. There is a more natural and beautiful Lapland to be seen elsewhere and there are better places for husky, snowmobile or reindeer rides. However, if next year we fly via Rovaniemi and we have a late arrival then I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again for the night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel-standard cottage accommodation at the Arctic Circle, heart of Santa Claus Village. Our cabins are all equipped with up-to-date facilities, such as private saunas, bathrooms, kitchenette and terrace. There's no better way to enjoy your stay. From your cabin just a minute or two walk to Santa Claus Main Office. All activities & excursions, such as Reindeer rides, Husky dog sledge rides, snowmobile rides, etc.. available on the village. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Cancelon, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Santa Claus Holiday Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Santa Claus Holiday Village Hotel Rovaniemi
- Santa Claus Holiday Village Rovaniemi, Finland - Lapland