“Once in a life time”

Dining options: Reservations
Kinross, United Kingdom
“Once in a life time”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Is this one of the best meals you've ever had in a restaurant? Yes but not because of the quality of the food. This was one of the best meals because of the unique location. It's actually several years since I ate in this place, but the memories remain fresh in my mind. It's a one off and well worth paying the premium rates for. As I recall we got a taxi from Rovaniemi. It was something like 19c below freezing outside but the experience was excellent. The food was good, but nothing to write home about.
After the meal was completed we were treated to one of the visual highlights of my life. Clear from the street lights from Rovaniemi I saw the most spectacular Northern Lights from the grounds of the restaurant. This visual memory of dancing green light will remain with me to my dying day. It was truly spectacular and turned that evening into something unforgettable.

• Visited January 2013

• Greek first
Davidson, North Carolina
“We will never forget this meal”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

From start to finish, this was hands down one of the greatest dining experiences of my life. The atmosphere is obviously the highlight of the evening but the food was surprisingly amazing. Because we had a large group of 12, we were asked to select one menu. We started with a wild mushroom and crawfish tail soup. I can say, without hesitation, that this was the best food that I had during my entire trip to Finland. Our choice of entree was the beef chateaubriand and reindeer served with vegetables. This was also very delicious and the portion was nice and large. After dinner we sat together in one of the large tents that sat on the restaurant's property. It was great to sit around and relax around a roaring fire while our delicious meal was digesting. Eating at Lumimaa was like eating in a fantasy land. I'm not sure if I felt like I was eating in Middle Earth or the planet Hoth but whichever it was, I was transported to a dreamlike place with incredible food. If you look at the price tag of Lumimaa and get a knee-jerk reaction, be aware that everything in Rovaniemi is pretty darn expensive. Now that I've visited, I would pay twice as much to have another chance to dine there again.

• Visited December 2012
4 Thank mayamat_11
“Magical dining experience!”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

My bf and I visited the Snowland's Igloo Restaurant a week ago, the interior of the igloo was beautiful , everything was made of ice and snow! Great and quick service, food was average and I would say you pay the money for the atmosphere more than the food because they get cold really quickly , even though they're all served on a pan / wooden platform.

• Visited December 2012
3 Thank epictravellers
Wassenaar, The Netherlands
“So worth the visit!”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Yes, the food is overpriced for the quality BUT if you're in the area, please splurge and come here because the surroundings truly more than make up for it! It's a magical experience! The beef chateaubriand was fabulous!

Caloundra
“Xmas dinner with a difference”
Reviewed April 24, 2012

We visited this restaurant for xmas dinner and it was magical and quick. The food was superb the surroundings were something out of a movie. However being that it was an Igloo meant that it was quite cool, we forgot to wear snow pants so worth it though.

Visited December 2011