On the April 14, 2019 my friend and I met Alex Rudyuk, our driver and owner of this extraordinary tour, at the lobby of our hotel.
- It takes roughly 30 min from the center of Rovaniemi to Alex's private estate.
- The traditional woodfire sauna room is situated next to a walkway that leads to the partially melted Lagonlampi lake.
- The whole place is clean and safe. You can walk barefoot without worries.
- Alex gave us a very thorough intruction on how the Finnish enjoy their thermal retreat. His encouragement for us to jump into the frozen cold is reassuring.
- After about 1.5 hour of sauna and cold bath, we were served with a marvelously grilled marinated local salmon. The dining room has a very cozy and homely atmosphere with and open fireplace.
- Alex is a very nice and informative Finnish nature lover local guide who can give you an authentic account of how living in the wild is like in the modern world.
- For me, this is a must if you are visiting Rovaniemi.