Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM

from $168.57
from $156.08
from $158.26
More Info
All reviews finnish sauna private lake national park ranua zoo finnish culture wonderful tour northern lights hunting salmon ice floating amazing experience sausage cookies once in a lifetime cherry juice reindeer farm husky ride santa claus village
Selected filters
Reviewed March 6, 2019 via mobile

This tour is amazing! Alex and his wife are very friendly. He explained everything clearly about Sauna and wildlife in Rovaniemi. Their house is very warm and lovely. We had fresh Salmon for dinner.

Date of experience: March 2019
Reviewed February 28, 2019

Two trips out of Rovaniemi on consecutive nights in February and we were lucky enough to see the lights both nights. Alex really knew his stuff and took us to the perfect viewing spots away from the city lights. Amazing experience with a very knowledgeable guide - we are happy to recommend this to all.

1  Thank Matt N
Reviewed February 25, 2019 via mobile

I went off of everyone else’s reviews and chose Nordic adventures because I’m the kind of person who travels alone and tries to meet locals and stay away from tourist traps. On my first trip to see the northern lights though, I didn’t find anyone that I could link up with who was local and so I did extensive research and even rented my own car to try and stay solo on the trip. In the end I decided to join Nordic adventures for my first night to hope to see the northern lights and also because the company states that they keep group sizes small and provide a personal experience. I have to say that hands down I am blown away. Every step from booking to being picked up even to communication with Alex days after my tour was over was incredible. I don’t feel like I was on a tour, I feel like I was hanging out with a few friends. Alex’s Kota on the lake was magic and I would have enjoyed the night whether we saw the northern lights or not. Luckily... they were magic. But this company is hands down the best way I could have experienced the beauty of Finland. Thank you Alex. I’ll be back soon.

1  Thank sunshinetravlr
Reviewed February 24, 2019

What a Beautiful landscape, to see frozen waterfalls was breath taking. We took the small tour 2km, as I took my 2 children (11- boy & 14 -girl) They really enjoyed it, but the 11 yr old towards the end got bored, and cold. We also had a break after seeing the 3rd and final waterfall, where we chopped wood, & made a camp fire, so we could BBQ sausages for lunch with a hot chocolate, and Marshmallows. Marshmallows went down well with the children. There is some steep track, but has some rope to hold on too. if you step of the beaten track the snow can be deep, and slippy, so do this with caution.
The guide pick us up from our hotel , and dropped us back, He was pleasant, but quite happy to answer question, but didn't really engage in general conversation.
My Only Tip is make sure you use the toilet at the petrol station stop, as in the forest you have to use a dry hole.
The trip from the Rovaniemi is just over an hour, you are hiking for about an hour and half, and stop for lunch for about an hour. Total time for the trip is about 5 hrs.

1  Thank Justine P
Reviewed February 20, 2019 via mobile

Amazing young man, Alex Rudyuk, very knowledgable and an excellent evening with phenomenal views. This was a very memorable night, and will never be forgotten! The lights were beautiful and the serenity of the atmosphere was fantastic. We cannot thank Alex enough for this life-changing experience, and a delicious dinner of freshly cooked salmon and potatoes!