Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM

from $170.76
from $158.11
from $245.40
More Info
All reviews finnish sauna private lake national park ranua zoo finnish culture wonderful tour northern lights hunting salmon ice floating amazing experience sausage cookies these guys once in a lifetime cherry juice reindeer farm husky ride
Selected filters
Reviewed October 27, 2018

We spent the entire day with Alex!

Alex was an incredible tour guide, he was very knowledgeable and answered any question we had!

We started by going to the zoo and being in down season, there were only two of us on the trip! He knew the animals' names and helped point them out. We even stopped to see the reindeer on the road. After, we had a great buffet lunch at the zoo and did a little bit of shopping.

In the evening, we did the sauna and traditional salmon dinner. It was a great experience! Alex was very helpful and the private lake was gorgeous! Unfortunately, it was too cloudy for us to see the Northern lights but Alex made sure to tell us when and where to see them on another day. He was very helpful with everything and friendly.

The lake and cottage are wonderful and it was very professionally done!

A truly wonderful day overall!

We would definitely recommend this tour for people coming to Rovaniemi! It was a very memorable experience. With us not having a car, nor being familiar with the area, it is definitely worth the price!

Date of experience: October 2018
Alexander R, Owner at Nordic Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2018

Dear Brittany,

Thank you very much for such a kind review) we will try to make our tours and adventures even better)
Hope to see You again!

Kind regards,

Reviewed October 25, 2018 via mobile

I really enjoyed the Ranua Zoo tour with Alex who is friendly and enthusiastic. He is keen to introduce the animals to us and even set a fire to warm us and taught us how to cut wood, it was fun! We were able to see brown bear, polar bears owl among others. Thumb up to Alex!

Date of experience: October 2018

Thank you very much!

Reviewed July 10, 2018

Winter is my favorite season and it is associated with my childhood. I’ve been dreaming to visit Finland for a long time, because for me it is the country where Santa Claus lives and Christmas mystery never ends. Last year I decided to take a vacation in winter and fully enjoy the Christmas holidays. My husband and I decided to invite few friends, so that we could have small group experience without other participants. Local guide Alex from Nordic Adventures helped us to organize everything. Our children wanted to meet Santa Claus so badly, so we decided to start our trip from the capital of Lapland – Rovaniemi, where Santa’s official office is located. It was an amazing feeling to see Santa, sit next to him, make wishes, photos and video. Then we visited an exhibition of snowmobiles, which traditionally takes place every year in Santa Claus village. Also, we went to the Snowman World and it was a small wonderland. There simply are not enough words to describe everything. Santa’s helpers – elfs – are everywhere and they also helped us to send postcards to our friends and relatives from official Santa’s Post office. That tour lasted for 5 hours and it was just great! We decided to continue our day visiting traditional Finnish sauna. Our guide Alex took us for a short drive (about 22 km) to a magical forest, where there was a private lake with wooden-burned sauna and a cottage with the fireplace. Nature there was amazing! After warming up in sauna, we jumped into the icy lake and snow, which made this holiday truly unforgettable. Therefore, I recommend everyone to have a rest in Finland, especially in the winter. I highly recommend Nordic Adventures, if you wish to have a real lifetime experience in Finnish Lapland!

Date of experience: January 2018
Reviewed July 5, 2018

In March 2018 I traveled with friends in Finland. The purpose of the trip was to see the beauty and fabulous places. They stopped in Rovaniemi, the capital of the province of Lapland.

To fully experience the atmosphere of winter, fairy tales and local beauties used the services of the agency Nordic Adventures. It was the right choice.

All tours were guided by guide Alex. It can be seen that the guy understands what he does. He reacted to all our questions and requests promptly and did his best to make his excursions so pleasant that it was just WOW.

Although, it can not be called excursions - it was really ADVENTURE!

Elegant and beautiful nature. We were in national parks, but at our request we went to the wild nature, Alex worked 100%.

In the village of Santa Claus, even I felt like a child in a fairy tale and began to believe in a miracle again) A wonderful feeling.

Also took the tour "Best of Lapland". A trip to Finnish saunas, evenings with northern lights and an abundance of delicious food. Super!

I can say that the agency Nordic Adventures - this is an agency that from a simple vacation can make a fairy tale! A professional guide who knows everything about Lapland and even more, adapts to the wishes of the client. Huge routes, just those in which you can feel all the beauty and color of Lapland.

And of course, I will recommend to all my friends Alex and Nordic Adventure!! Thank you!

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed May 7, 2018

It was my first time in Lapland, so I have had no any idea of what was I going to do there. Tons of offers from various tourism companies, plenty of possible trips and services to choose. However, my search ended up on the Private Lappish evening in the real wilderness (so atmospheric and exciting), offered by the Nordic Adventures travel company. The experience I have received was outstanding, sauna and traditional dinner were included, and I loved it. Never before I have been to the Finnish sauna, never before I have tried Lappish cousine, and I did not regret about choosing this opportunity at all! Whole service was smooth and pleasant, I give my five stars to this trip, but I wish I could leave 6-star feedback! I recommend it to everyone, who is willing to visit this magical place.
Thanks to Alex, I had a great time!

Date of experience: April 2018