Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Nordic Adventures tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Nordic Adventures
from $77.20
from $135.81
from $239.03
More Info
All reviews national park finnish sauna ranua zoo highly recommend it to everyone ice lake frozen lake delicious dinner ice hole grilled salmon private tour northern lights finnish culture small group biscuits amazing experience once in a lifetime ice fishing
Selected filters
Reviewed March 16, 2018 via mobile

Nice place! Friendly staff! Great experience!I advise everyone to visit this place! Thanks guys!Hope I'll see you nex year again!!

Date of experience: January 2018
1  Thank eprikladovskiy
Reviewed March 15, 2018

I must say that me & my friends are fully enjoyable and feeling warm with this Traditional Lappish Evening that hosted by Alex~! We've experienced the little slideable-chair on the frozen lake, special Sauna in the firewoods plus jumping into the ice water in the fascinating lake~!!!
After experiencing the Sauna & icewater-jumping, Alex & his wife already prepared the grilled salmon with Lappish side dishes & veggies. All of them are delicious and sweet with the warm and romantic set-up table inside the house just opposite the cottage.
Everything is SOOOOO GREAT to USSSSS~! & we just feel being well-served with detailed arrangement.
Alex also provide informative sharing about the Finnish and different Lappish topics during his drive that makes our journey without a minute being bored and very memorable~!!! WE LOVE IT!!!
Thank you so much Alex & your wife~! We hope to visit Rovaniemi in Summer Time would absolutely looking forward to seeing you soon~!!! Just bring us to see what you mentioned in Lappish Summer~! GoD BLeSs~!

Date of experience: March 2018
Alexander_Rudyuk, Owner at Nordic Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2018

Dear friends,

thank you very much for such a warm and sincere review! it caused a huge smile on our faces :))) That's sooooo lovely :)

it's very pleasant to understand, that we managed to give You such positive emotions.
We will be glad to see you in the summer, autumn or at any other time of the year!

Be sure, that if you need ANY help in Rovaniemi, you have someone to turn to =)

Greetings from my wife (Tanya)! =)

Reviewed March 11, 2018

We have recently enjoyed the best Sauna experience ever we could imagine in Rovaniemi. Alex and his wife were an excelent host for this activity and took us (A couple with two kids) to their really nice cottage by the lake just 30 min away from the Santa Claus Village where we were staying.
The place was like a dream, really nice house and incredible sauna little cottage, just in front of the lake therefore perfect for the Sauna+buterfly snow swim+lake swimm. All very nice light up with candles up to the lake. At the Sauna we found towels, sneakers, water, coffee, tea and some sweets wich was an unexpected plus for this experience. Once inside the Sauna just plenty of time to relax and enjoy the evening.
After Sauna and swimm great experience we enjoyed a lovely grilled Salmon dinner in the Cottage, really very nice atmosphere with the candles and the nice set up of the table where we enjoyed some of the lappish dishes.
We are a couple with two kids (14, 7 years) and really enjoy all of us the great experience and actually something really memorable for the family. Therefore even if it doesn't sound like a family fun activity we would highly recomended as well together with the rest of activities you can do in Rovaniemi (Huskies, Reindeers,.....)
Alex and his wife were at all time very nice with us and explained us many issues and facts of Finland and Rovaniemi. They were a really great Hosts!!!

Date of experience: March 2018
Alexander_Rudyuk, Owner at Nordic Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2018

Hola!

Thank you very much for such a lovely feedback!
It was a great pleasure to meet your family.
You are always welcome :)

Reviewed February 7, 2018

We visited the program "traditional Lapland evening", were very satisfied with this place and its employees. Host Alex was very nice and showed us a lot of new things like going to the traditional wood-burning sauna, swimming in the ice-hole, we tried the snowshoes and ended the evening with dinner in a cozy wooden cottage. highly recommend this place!

Date of experience: January 2018

Dear Nikoay,

thanks you for such a lovely feedback!
You are always welcome back!

Reviewed February 7, 2018

I went on the Lappish evening tour and I loved it from start to finish. We drove to a lovely spot in the forest by a frozen lake where they have a traditional cottage and wood-fired Finnish sauna. It was lit up with lanterns and torches and looked so welcoming. It was so peaceful and the sky was beautiful with so many stars!

Everything was provided in the sauna: towels, slippers, wood for the fire, cold water, hot water, tea, oils for scent and a walkie talkie in case you need anything else! When I wanted to cool down I could walk outside into the snow and look up at the constellations - it was an almost spiritual experience. It was the best sauna experience I have ever had - much better than a hotel sauna.

The other people in my group tried ice fishing in the frozen lake. After the sauna, we enjoyed delicious wood-fired salmon with simple vegetables and potatoes as well as (non-alcoholic) Gloggi and cinnamon cookies. Alex was very knowledgable and informative about many things to do with Finland.

Even though we did not see the aurora that night, I had already seen it on a different night so I did not mind. This trip was one of the highlights of my trip to Lapland. Thank you very much Alex & Tanya. I would highly recommend it.

Date of experience: February 2018

Thank you so much!
it's very nice to do what pleases people around you =)
Please, come again!