All reviews rocking chairs finnish culture aurora zone northern lights aurora experience bed apartment ice fishing peaceful location frozen lake close to nature reindeer safari snow shoes two adults and two children perfect stay finnish sauna minute drive snowmobile tour
Selected filters
Reviewed March 16, 2019

We booked a night at the Apukka resort hopefully to see the northern lights, sadly we missed out due to a massive snow storm that lasted around 4 days, but that is not the resorts fault as they provide every opportunity for visitors to see the lights if they are visible. We stayed in one of the glass domed 'igloos' which are very modern and warm, heated glass to keep the snow from hanging around, etc
Meals are of buffet style with many choices, reindeer, salmon, plus all the usual food provided for an international group.
There are many activities that are available, at a cost; from visits to reindeer farms, and husky farms that are more unique that those at Santa's Village. A highlight for myself was the snow mobile tour which lasts for around two hours and includes an enjoyable drive through the local forest, please do this activity as you should really enjoy it
Great staff who are very friendly
Word of advise, we caught a bus out to the resort which was really cheap, however if you want to catch a taxi any where be aware that you will be paying for the cost of the taxi to travel out from Rovaniemi

Room tip: Ask for a glass roof iglo
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
ApukkaResort, Mirka - Front desk team, Apukka Resort at Apukka Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2019

Hi

Nice to hear that you enjoyed our Snowmobile Safari so much.

Hope to see you again!

Reviewed March 14, 2019 via mobile

I was lucky enough to join the Aurora Hunt on the Snow Train tour on 13 March 2019. As a solo traveller, I was a little nervous about how I'd go with a group of strangers. But Lauri the guide was incredibly welcoming and I soon made friends with my fellow guests. I was recommended the activities run by the resort through my accommodation in Rovaniemi. And I'm incredibly glad I followed it up. I was picked up and dropped off from my apartment. I was given full winter clothes to protect myself from the cold. The snow train was in excellent condition as were the borrowed winter clothes. A warm drink and snacks were provided with dietary considerations catered for. The trip on the snow train was heated which was a relief from the cold. The kota had a little BBQ in the middle to cook the sausages and warm the hands. The guide spoke excellent English and was telling us all about how auroras are formed and other fun facts. You can easily make it as fun as you like. Within the first 10 mins we'd walked out to deep snow and then laid there on our backs watching the sky. It was a genuinely magical experience made all the better from truly exceptional, professional service. I highly recommend this. As yes, I was one of the lucky ones to catch the Aurora Borealis!

Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Breezlebub13

Hi

Thank you for your excellent review :)

I am clad that you got to see the Auroras to top of your experience.

Hope to see again here in Apukka Resort!

Reviewed March 14, 2019 via mobile

This holiday far exceeded my expectations. The staff at the resort were incredibly helpful and friendly, and the accommodation was very comfortable. The activities were amazing, so much fun. I enjoyed every moment of my time here, and would highly recommend if you plan to visit this beautiful country.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends

Hi Caroline

Thank you for your review.

I am happy that you had good vacation with us :)

Hope to see you again here at Apukka Resort :)

Reviewed March 12, 2019 via mobile

Apukka resort web site is excellent ,very transperant and everything booked online appeared exactly the same when i visited-rooms,surrounding ,restaurant etc.

Resort location is best ,away from city and 5 mins walk away from room i saw northen lights .

There is so much to do for entertainment-snow train ,snow mobile, snow shoeing skiing,husky ride,rein deer ride,sauna,ice fishing, frozen lake walks, northen light hunting .

Food was delicious including breakfast,lunch ,dinner.

Frozen lake in back side of resort gives best views of sun rise,sun set and northen lights.

Transportation to airport and city or other attractions is very convinient and receptionlist are very helpful with map,bus timetable ,apps etc.

Lastly, staff,reception,cook and tour guides are very welcoming,professional,expert in their area.gave me the best expeirence in life close to nature to learn about finland .

Thank you Elina,Laura -you all are sweetheart and definitely making everyone's trip the most memorable trip for lifetime.

I will definitely recommend to all my friends to stay with Apukka when they plan a trip to Rovaniemi.

Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Pradnya K

Hi

Thank you for your nice review.

It is excellent to hear that you had memorable vacation with us :)

Hope to see you again in Apukka!

Reviewed March 6, 2019 via mobile

Such a cosy atmosphere, a peaceful location with the frozen lake and super nice guides / staff! We felt so good !!! Landscape are wonderful!
We stayed 2 Nights in an apartment and 2 nights in Aurora cabin! We appreciated both!! We definitively loved Reeinders safari and Snowshoes activities !!
Unique vacations in Lapland in Apukka!! We dis not have the chance to observe Northern Lights but this is Nature!
Thank you! Keep developping the Resort :-)

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
ApukkaResort, Mirka - Front desk team at Apukka Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2019

Hi

Thank you for your review.

It is nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are always thinking of ways to make our guests experiences even more memorable :)

And if you did not see Auroras then you just have to come back and try again :)