“The most wonderful part of my trip”
Review of Wild About Lapland

Wild About Lapland
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We are a company that offers tailor made Arctic tours for small groups only. We take a maximum of 8 people per tour and concentrate our efforts on providing our clients with the experience they have travelled so far to have!
Reviewed March 18, 2017

The view Theo have showed me is just amazing. Wondering in the forest covered with pure white snow,the silence and the breathtaking view is one thing you can't miss in your life.I flew all the way from Italy to Finland for the snow in the Arctic Circle and what I have seen is a lot more than I was expected. Not only did I see the landscape,but also the northern light.The tour with Theo is the highlight of the whole trip and the most amazing part. I've seen so many beautiful views and had many great experiences. He's a very dependable and interesting British gentleman. Hope in future days I'll revisit Rovaniemi.

Date of experience: March 2017
"survival skills"
"magical night"
"frozen lake"
in 6 reviews
"recommend booking a tour"
"great hike"
"great guide"
in 4 reviews
"his passion"

Reviewed March 2, 2017

My three friends and I did the three hour Northern Lights tour with Theo, and it was an amazing time from start to finish. He was kind enough to pick us up at the house which we rented, and drove us to a gorgeous lake with a nice, warm cabin (in which Theo built a fire). There was also about a 10-15 minute walk to the lake/cabin, which was both very enjoyable and informative, as Theo was knowledgeable about the indigenous plants/trees and stopped to inform us as and when necessary. We managed to see the lights, and Theo did a great job of explaining both the science behind the northern lights, and the traditional Finnish beliefs about the Lights. The night was capped off with a nice snack of Finnish sausage and hot chocolate around the fire. All in all, our tour with Theo was absolutely perfect, and I'll be sure to use Wild about Lapland for tours the next time I'm in the area. Thanks, Theo!

3  Thank tpow213
Reviewed March 2, 2017

We booked the 5 hours Aurora hunting tour, it was a great experience and we enjoyed the silence of the wilderness. Theo was informative and we learned a lot about the saumi, northern lights and the finnish land. Theo prepared the dinner as well and it was delicious!

the next day we had the ice fishing tour, which was a new experience and we had fun drilling a hole through the lake ice although we didn't have any luck catching a fish, we enjoyed the silence and the snow

in the third day we made a last minute call, and Theo was there for us within 30 minutes! we had the 3hours wilderness tour, the rapids were beautiful and it was an amazing trip!

Overall the flexibility of the tours and the privacy is great
we had an unforgettable time and the tour guide Theo was excellent!
I recommend it to everyone!

Thank you Theo for everything, wish you all the best!

4  Thank huda_alghafli
Reviewed March 1, 2017 via mobile

Theo picked us up from our hotels and drove us to a spot about half an hour from Rovaniemi that was in the middle of a forest. We took some time to appreciate the darkness, stars and stillness of our surrounds. We walked through the forest for about 5-10mins to a frozen lake which offered a great point to view the northern lights, which were just starting to come out. This location offered a wonderful viewing point for the northern lights and star gazing in general. The lights themselves lasted about an hour that night. There was also a cabin and a fire (with tea) to warm up in if we got too cold. Theo was very friendly and easy to chat to, and told us some background info on the northern lights and Rovaniemi/lapland in general and answered my many questions.
It was a very magical night shared in great company :)

3  Thank whizzfizzlizz