“Expensive for budget traveler”
Review of Restaurant Nili

Restaurant Nili
Ranked #4 of 89 Restaurants in Rovaniemi
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 3, 2014

So not the place to go if you want cheap. Or big portions. But OMG sooooooooo good. My friends treated themselves to the pre planned four course meal which was very good and about 60€ I got the reindeer for 19€ plus the cloudberry thing 10€ which was good!

2  Thank naalipalo

Reviewed April 30, 2014

Very good Finnish food, the reindeer is delicious and the smoked mashed potatoes are amazing. A lovely place to spend an evening. The interior is traditional rustic Finnish/Sami, very cozy.

When we went the place was full and we had to wait quite some time for the food, but boy was it wort it when the food finally came.

The place is not what you call cheap, but it’s normal Finnish restaurant prices (expensive). The quality of the food is very good so it’s definitely worth it.

Would come back.

2  Thank flyingfinn1234
Reviewed April 6, 2014

the food was excellent, service was so so... I had the complete set Lappish dinner, which was very well prepared and presented. The wait service was a little slow, perhaps overwhelmed by a Saturday night crowd. We had a reservation, which is almost a MUST, but our experience was tarnished by a the hostess who was not accommodating to our requests to change to a more accommodating table... we were tucked into a very dark and cold alcove, which may be fun for some, but not our family... too bad our request to change was dismissed out of hand, because otherwise it seems a good restaurant.

1  Thank scott w
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Excellent food, great customer service!
First time in Finland and was great to experience traditional finnish meals!

1  Thank sarahlou93
Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

This was my first ever meal in Finland. I have to admit, I don't know much about Finnish cuisine and so I have knew idea how things are supposed to taste.

The restaurant was very busy, but I managed to get a table. The decor is a bit touristy, but quite nice. The menu says that the food is traditional, local food, which I am inclined to believe.

I had a smoked salmon dish to start, followed by traditional sautéed reindeer. Both were tasty (my first try of reindeer), but not amazing.

It's expensive to eat here compared to most of Europe. However, Finland seems to be generally quite expensive, and so perhaps this was a normal price.

I enjoyed my first try of Finish cuisine.