I visited the campground with three girlfriends for a week in March. All of us have nothing but amazing things to say about Paul and Debbie as well as the lodging. Water Island is beautiful; very quiet, great beach vendors, and friendly locals. So accessible to St. Thomas as well as St. John (which by the way, if you are a first timer to the Virgin Islands, you have to go to, so amazing and beautiful).
We stayed in the suite because we were concerned about the shared bathhouse. The suite bathroom is private, which is wonderful, but I think the bathrooms in the bathhouse are perhaps nicer! So if that worries you also, put your mind at ease. The pavilion is a great place to cook a meal and chat with other campers. Although we had planned on buying groceries for the whole week, the grocery store was so expensive that it proved cheaper to buy minimal groceries and eat at the beach vendors. Also, we found lots of spices and assorted foods that were left behind at the pavilion, so no need to buy things like salt, pepper...
If you are looking for a quiet, relaxing, affordable beautiful vacation, this is the place to be!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An Eco Sensitive resort with self-contained canvas eco cottages, each with an ocean view terrance. We are located in the St. Thomas Harbor, on a pristine 500-acre island, Water Island, which has regular ferry service (10 min. boat ride) to St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands. Each cabin has pillow top mattresses, all 100% cotton linens (including beach towels), an outdoor cooking pavilion with an ocean view and the property is only 5 minute walk to the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Cancelon so you can book your Virgin Islands Campground reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Virgin Islands Campground Hotel St. Thomas
- Virgin Islands Campground U.S. Virgin Islands/Water Island