As a solo female traveler just wanting to escape the city and relax in the sun and sand - this place was PERFECT! I didn't meet the owners since they were away, however Deborah sent me an email the day after I booked my reservation with all the helpful tips and necessary info for where to eat, water taxi schedule etc which was awesome. Sean was running the place while I was there and I can't say enough good things. He was such a wealth of information, enthusiasm, and worked tirelessly to make sure everyone at the campground was having the best vacation possible. He showed me the best snorkeling spots, gave a tour of the fort, helped me arrange a sailing day trip (Cheers to Captains Lloyd and Jeff!) and introduced me around to the locals. I felt totally at ease and safe among this community of laid-back, generous, happy islanders. The accomodations were spotless and comfortable. I stayed in one of the cabins and loved going to sleep to the breeze off the water and waking up to the sunrise. If you're a runner - bring your sneaks cause there are some fun hills for a challenging morning workout! One of my favorite things was cooking dinners in the communal kitchen space. What better place to meet new people and share stories than over homemade food, rum, and a pristine ocean view? I loved every minute of this vacation and will definitely be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Introducing the concept of Upscale Camping! A handful of roomy tent-cabins feature ocean view terraces and all the comforts of home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com and Cancelon so you can book your Virgin Islands Campground reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Virgin Islands Campground Hotel St. Thomas
- Virgin Islands Campground U.S. Virgin Islands/Water Island