Virgin Islands Campground
Emerald Beach Resort(Charlotte Amalie)
$302
$217
$161
Windward Passage Hotel(Charlotte Amalie)
$129
  • Pool
Mafolie Hotel(Charlotte Amalie)(Great Value!)
$202
$196
Bolongo Bay Beach Resort(South Coast)(Great Value!)
$280
$170
$145
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshoneymoon beachthe cottagesrent a golf cartvirgin islandsshort walkother guestscooking areacrown bay marinashared kitchenferry dockst thomashot tubsea turtlesfish tacoswonderful breezegourmet galleryamazing hosts
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Wonderful experience - the island is so peaceful and beautiful and the campground was lovely. My husband and I have daydreamed about moving to the island some day but for sure we will be back... and hoping to bring our kids and granddaughter too! Sean was so helpful - we really liked him!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
deborahquade, Owner at Virgin Islands Campground, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

So glad you had a good experience here and hope you make this your annual family retreat. We are getting such great reviews about Sean...that guy really does like to please. Thanks for giving him a shout out. Sincerely,

Til next time. 10% off for your next visit and 10th stay free...may be you will be the next person to receive that free trip.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

My husband and I absolutely loved our trip to the Virgin Islands Campground! After a long trip from NY plagued with weather-related flight delays we arrived just in time to run (literally) to the last ferry of the night. We had not eaten all day and had no time to stop at the grocery store before catching the ferry. Paul was waiting at the ferry dock to pick us up and drove us directly to Heidi's to place our dinner order so that we could eat before she sold out of food. He then took us on a short tour of the island and back to the campground to check in. As we pulled in to the Campground Deborah walked out of the house with a welcoming smile and a freshly-mixed rum drink in each hand. I have never had such a personal and welcoming experience at any hotel, resort, or campground. This set the tone for a wonderfully relaxing and personal trip where we were treated as if we were guests in someone's home rather than just a paycheck for a large company. The campground itself is walking distance to Honeymoon Beach and Heidi's Honeymoon Grill. I would highly recommend the Saturday night candlelight dinner on the beach as well as the Monday night movie on the beach, both at Heidi's. We also went on the sailing trip to Buck Island (at Deborah's suggestion) and had a wonderful time snorkeling with the sea turtles and beautiful fish. Although it was nice to be close to St. Thomas, we were so thankful for the quiet and seclusion offered by Water Island. This is a definite 5-star trip at a 2-star price, can't wait to visit again!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
deborahquade, Owner at Virgin Islands Campground, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

You wrote such a lovely review and posted some awesome pictures. Wow...Paul and i are so glad that the new staff is providing so well for our guests and allowing us old folk some R & R...I love bringing down the rum punches to welcome our guests...it's so much fun knowing how happy they are to be here and starting their holiday. Ending your holiday with such a nice review...that's even better.

Again, thank you so much.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

As I reflect back over the time I spent at the campgrounds tears come to my eyes because I miss it sooooo much. The place is beautiful, the locals make you feel like one of them from the second you arrive, the other campers are some of the greatest ppl I have ever met while vacationing. Sean the caretaker was the best ever. He always made sure we had everything we needed, he even made our anniversary dinner extra special by scoring Caribbean Bugs (aka lobsters) in which all the campers enjoyed at the pavilion. Bob and I have vowed to return and bring friends with us next time . If you are looking for a vacation spot to just hang out away from all the tourists let me say this should be high on your list.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
deborahquade, Owner at Virgin Islands Campground, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

You are so sweet...and thank you for a review " over the top"...so glad to hear Sean took care of all your needs, as well. I'm just sorry we were not here for the "annual bug boil" ( so funny)...We are really looking forward to your return with some of your friends...it is AWESOME to have guests so happy with our little piece of paradise.

until next time.....

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Overall, my wife and I enjoyed our stay. We consider ourselves well-traveled and experienced backpackers. These are things we liked: excellent view, quiet and peaceful setting to lay in a hammock and read a book, convenience to a beach, proximity to St. Thomas made grocery shopping for cooking easy, quality of fellow campers, family and couple-oriented, friendly local residents made you feel like a local too, and the option to eat at the beach restaurant on nights we did not have a planned meal.

These are the things we did not like: cold showers each day, close proximity of bathrooms and bathroom sinks to communal kitchen area, and failure to mention the day-trippers that come from St. Thomas and the cruise ships. We advise that you read the reviews for honeymoon beach on water island.

Given the large number of things we liked, we would recommend this place with the following advice: bring your own pillows if you are picky, take showers during the warmer part of the day avoiding meal times, and go to honeymoon beach in the morning before 11:00 AM and after 4:00 PM in order to avoid day-trippers (This also helps you avoid sunburn). Also, if you have any mobility issues, you would be wise to rent one of the golf carts as the whole island is very hilly, especially the hill that the campground is on (in that case, rent the suite because it is self-contained).

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
deborahquade, Owner at Virgin Islands Campground, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Thanks for taking the time to write a review...but would love to know how to improve on sleep quality...I don't know why it was only a 3 and hence I don't know how to fix it!!

I also looked up back packing...I really didn't know what that meant...but now I do. We do have hills and we don't want anyone to not know that. It is important and thanks for pointing that out. I remember traveling to the Bahama's and it was flat flat and I remember thinking the Virgin Islands was the same...not so.

We do hope you will return and thank you for your stay.

Deborah, Paul and Sean

Reviewed March 11, 2014

LOVED our stay @ Virgin Islands Campground... the cabins were just what we prefer! I'm not big on tourist type vacations- THIS was just what we needed. Sean was sooooooo cool to hang with and just truly made our vacation special. Thanks bro for the extra attention and assistance when needed- come visit us in NH!!! We also truly valued our social times around the community picnic table hanging with the other few lucky guests on vacation.

To be completely honest, the 1st night, my girlfriend was completely disappointed by the "roughing it" atmosphere. However, by the end of the trip, she said it was "her favorite vacation and couldn't wait to return."

Winning.

Room Tip: Reserve a golf cart ahead of time!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

You guys are winning!! Vacationing exactly like I like it...spur of the moment and lots of fun. We are glad you enjoyed the other guest. People who are attracted to Virgin Islands Campground are just darn awesome...

We are also glad to hear Sean was so helpful.. thanks, too for that.

Next visit is 10% less..book direct.

Til next time.