As I reflect back over the time I spent at the campgrounds tears come to my eyes because I miss it sooooo much. The place is beautiful, the locals make you feel like one of them from the second you arrive, the other campers are some of the greatest ppl I have ever met while vacationing. Sean the caretaker was the best ever. He always made sure we had everything we needed, he even made our anniversary dinner extra special by scoring Caribbean Bugs (aka lobsters) in which all the campers enjoyed at the pavilion. Bob and I have vowed to return and bring friends with us next time . If you are looking for a vacation spot to just hang out away from all the tourists let me say this should be high on your list.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An Eco Sensitive resort with self-contained canvas eco cottages, each with an ocean view terrance. We are located in the St. Thomas Harbor, on a pristine 500-acre island, Water Island, which has regular ferry service (10 min. boat ride) to St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands. Each cabin has pillow top mattresses, all 100% cotton linens (including beach towels), an outdoor cooking pavilion with an ocean view and the property is only 5 minute walk to the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your Virgin Islands Campground reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Virgin Islands Campground Hotel St. Thomas
- Virgin Islands Campground U.S. Virgin Islands/Water Island