Every summer my husband and I plan a family vacation to spend quality time with our two daughters, now age 11 & 12. We knew we wanted to stay on a tropical island somewhat away from the noise and crowds where we could just relax, snorkel and play on a beautiful beach. After some research, we came upon the VI campgrounds in Water Island. And what a find it was! Deborah and Paul, the owners, have built an amazing self contained paradise within paradise. The campgrounds are beautiful, well organized and clean. The cottages are comfortable and airy and set in the hills high above the water so that there are beautiful views wherever you look. Even though it was hot, there was always a cool breeze, especially in the common area where everything was perfectly set up for meals to be cooked and eaten. If you didn't want to cook, no problem; lunch at Heidi's or dinner at Joe's Bar and Grill both on Honeymoon Beach were just a short walk away... And if you wanted to explore St. Thomas the 7 minute ferry ride was just down the road. The only regret we had was that our stay was too short. Thank you Deborah and Paul for everything. It has unanimously been voted one of our best vacations ever!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Introducing the concept of Upscale Camping! A handful of roomy tent-cabins feature ocean view terraces and all the comforts of home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Virgin Islands Campground reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Virgin Islands Campground Hotel St. Thomas
- Virgin Islands Campground U.S. Virgin Islands/Water Island