Tradition Hotel Kultahovi Inari
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Kieppi(Saariselka)
Javri Lodge(Saariselka)
Excellent 5/5
All reviewsthe riverdrying cupboardprivate saunafishnice hotelshort walknorthern lightshalf boardsami museumwalking trailsmain partsauteed reindeerrestaurant servesadjacent buildingon displaywinter wonderlandover christmas
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I stayed there one night in March. The room was perfectly OK, but nothing special: well-heated (it was -30 outside), clean, bathroom OK, bed comfortable enough, free Wi-Fi. So three stars for the room. But five stars for the staff. From the start they were excellent – friendly, helpful, efficient, they booked activities for me, gave me lots of advice, and when I left my camera, they arranged to have it sent to my home. Among the best service I’ve had anywhere – many thanks to Kaisu and her colleagues. The food in the restaurant is also very good, and again, very good service there too.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank tnbms162016
Reviewed March 13, 2013

We stayed here for six nights as part of a pre-paid package. We had a balcony room in the newer 'annexe'. The room was basic but well equipped; very clean with its own sauna and drying cupboard, and a decent shower. Two rather small single beds. Room service was a bit dilatory - not done until 4pm on a couple of days. We had a fixed menu for meals but they were varied, well presented and all enjoyable. Friendly and helpful staff. Activities were pre-booked through the hotel and all ran precisely to time and were exactly as described - no disappointments. A walk to the Siida Museum is worth while.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 9, 2013

We were so positively surprised about this Hotel! The room is absolutely clean, nicely and light decorated. The bathroom has a Sauna which is good for 2-3 people. Very lovely staff even spoke German. Visit the Siida Museum closeby, absolutely fantastic!

I can only recommend this Hotel to anyone. Also Inari is a very small, but lovely village.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank aquamarina75
Reviewed March 8, 2013

The hotel decor is fairly basic but it has a great restaurant and the bar is a lovely place to sit and watch the fire. We stayed here with our four year old son. We saw the aurora borealis from the hotel balcony and then outside the hotel. It was magical. The food here uses local ingredients and recipes and is great. The hotel is clean and the staff are friendly. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 15, 2013

The food here is great - I can recommend the red trout as well as the sauteed reindeer. The warm cocktails are also good for warming up after a chilly day. The newer rooms have balconies and a sauna. Staff are friendly and organised my tours by email before I arrived.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo