Having promised my daughter years ago to try and see the northern lights I finally took the plunge and organised the trip. Originally I tried to get in to Davvi but it was full so ended up at the Jussantupa. I have to say though....thanks heavens. Jussantupa was a great place to stay for a few days; good wholesome food, warm clean rooms, very helpful local staff, lovely location with the lake near by, supermarket opposite for odd bits and pieces etc. We ate at Davvi twice (on the way to and from the airport and yes it is closer to the airport but so what....the service just was not that good.
Trips-wise, recommend the Husky rides, just such a privilege.....snowmobile ride was great fun, Reindeer farm slightly more formulaic but ok (very cold). We did manage to have clear skies and therefore 90 minutes of the 'greatest show on earth - northern lights' on the last night where a whole bunch of us from the hotel got flasks of the local hot juice (all we had to do was ask the staff) and watched from the middle of the frozen lake. Eventhough I have now ticked this off my 'bucket list' I would love to do this again
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Jussan Tupa is a cozy and comfortable hotel that is open throughout the year. Whether it is work or leisure which brings you to Enontekio, you are guaranteed to feel at home at Jussan Tupa! The hotel has two public saunas, a swimming pool, and a third sauna with a living area and fire place, which can be booked for private occasions. At the restaurant, you can enjoy Lappish delicacies. There is a free WiFi for the guests. Hotel Jussan Tupa is located in the administrative centre of Enontekio, called Hetta. All the most important services are located at the very proximity of the hotel. The 'Vuollikka' restaurant by the Lake Ounasjarvi can be booked for large private events. Its beautiful location offers the perfect setting for any celebration. There is also a traditional Lappish 'kota', which seats 30 people comfortably. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Jussantupa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jussantupa Hotel Enontekiö
- Hotel Jussantupa Finland/Lapland - Enontekio