A really good hotel, and so unexpectedly warm inside. The room was of an adequate size with a wetroom bathroom complete with a super effective squeejie. There was a small opening window which served as a refridgerator for the box of wine that we took with us. We had no idea as to how much drinks would cost us at the bar (hence the wine) but we were pleasantly suprised. A large beer was about £5 and a glass of wine about £4.50. Not that we spent a lot of time in the bar since a few of our activities involved leaving the hotel at 8pm, and in the case of the snow-mobiling, not returning until after midnight.
The food was much to my liking, all of the meals were good and wholesome,in particular, the soups. It had been well thought out.You were not overwhelmed with a vast array of dishes, as in some hotels, just a good ,sensible selection which met all of our requirements and tastes.
We took far to much clothing. As mentioned previously, the hotel was very warm and so we didn't require the warm indoor clothing that we had taken. The coldest temperatures that we experienced were -11C. I was really snug wearing thermal underwear,a T-shirt, jogging bottoms, a ski fleece and thermal socks. That, together with Transuns thermal All-in-one and Boots was sufficient. We had gloves and hats of course. I had silk inner gloves, thermal mittens and ski-gloves.The mittens were fine, but I would have felt more confident in gloves when 'mushing'the team of Huskies and I deliberately reverted to gloves when we went driving the snow-mobiles.On my head I wore a thin Balaclava and a Russian hat. The gel glove warmers were really effective, which is more than I can say about boot warmers.
Transuns organisation of activities was excellent. We had 2 full action packed days. As well as the scheduled activities, Quincy (Transun rep) arranged a taxi shuttle service for those of us who wanted to visit the nearby Ice Castle, and he lent us some sledges so that we could go playing on some nearby slopes. I've not done that since my lads were young!!!
Looking back, it feels as though we were there for a week , rather than just a couple of days, we packed so much in. Well Done Transun.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Jussan Tupa is a cozy and comfortable hotel that is open throughout the year. Whether it is work or leisure which brings you to Enontekio, you are guaranteed to feel at home at Jussan Tupa! The hotel has two public saunas, a swimming pool, and a third sauna with a living area and fire place, which can be booked for private occasions. At the restaurant, you can enjoy Lappish delicacies. There is a free WiFi for the guests. Hotel Jussan Tupa is located in the administrative centre of Enontekio, called Hetta. All the most important services are located at the very proximity of the hotel. The 'Vuollikka' restaurant by the Lake Ounasjarvi can be booked for large private events. Its beautiful location offers the perfect setting for any celebration. There is also a traditional Lappish 'kota', which seats 30 people comfortably. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Jussantupa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jussantupa Hotel Enontekiö
- Hotel Jussantupa Finland/Lapland - Enontekio