Escapade Day Trip - CLOSED
Mixed experiences

Reviewed January 1, 2015
ElaineBurnley
Burnley
Santa Claus trips lap land day visit

Reviewed December 20, 2017
Butlermorgan
Northumberland, United Kingdom

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed December 20, 2017

I travelled with Santa clause trips on Saturday 16th December with my friend ,her son and my daughter it was a day trip to lap land and we were going as we had been several years earlier with their older siblings and had a fabulous time.

2  Thank Butlermorgan
Reviewed December 24, 2015

What a great experience. Travelled with Transun for the day . From arrival we were met by Will our rep who looked after us from arrival until departure . Looked after us very well. My son in law lost his wallet on one of the buses and he rang someone and had it delivered to the airport on one of the other buses for us.so he got it back before we lwft, what a great guy to do that for us. A big thanks to him. the trip was well organised at every step of the day . Yes it is cold -20 when we left but if u put thermals on and their suits you dont feel it so much . the only time i was cold was on the snowmobiles as you are going fast creating a colder wind chill. santa was amazing , he even knew where our granddaughter lived and the major towns and ciities near her house. he even mentioned to here a street name in a city near us. Would recommend this day trip .

Reviewed December 23, 2015 via mobile

Last january I decided to take children and grand children to Lapland and worried for a year, had I done the right thing? Should have I gone on a world Cruise , there were ten of us ! Well I should not have worried, we all had a fantastic day! It was well organised, our guide was great and father Christmas was very convincing. There was no waiting between activities. If you expect bright lights, lots of shops , fan y good, etc.. this place is not for you but if you embrace the spirit of Christmas, you will love it. May be I would have loved a final ride on the river as it was magical. All in all a great experience for both kids and adults.

2  Thank Catherine L
Reviewed March 2, 2015

This trip cost us just under £3000 for one day for 5 of us. We knew it would be a long day, but we're confident that the children could cope. The children enjoyed their time as any snow was a bonus as it was a surprise for them - they had no expectations unlike the adults who had worked hard to pay for it and arrange the trip.

My son who was a complete believer in Father Christmas before this 'magical trip to see FC' with Transun' came out and said Mummy he can't have been the really Father Christmas as his beard was really fake (aged 7) we had to ask him to stop the conversation for fear of ruining it for other children
The flight over was an hour late leaving the uk
There was no film or entertainment on the flight for the children
We waited unnessarlily for 30 on the coach before leaving the airport once we arrive, for an hours drive to the resort
We waited another 40 minutes in the coach when we got to boots and suits as all the other coaches were queuing before us.
There were five ladies including myslef who had no boots in their size provided. We ended up after waiting a following 30 minutes for someone to get us some more boots, only to be told they didn't have any. We were all after size 6 boots - we ended up wearing size 9 boots in the end, as the poor other people on the coach were still waiting for us all to get boots.
The skidos were broken.
Everywhere we went we were told to hurry up to the next thing in the agenda if we wanted to see everything.
When we finally sat down to start our meal ( bearing in mind the children had been up since 4.00am) the rep came and told everyone we needed to leave straight away or we were going to miss our flight!!!!!!
The staff were sweet, but they were all teenagers with no management arround to sort our any issues.
Everyone on our bus was moaning about how disorganised the whole event was.(19th Dec, Bristol flight)
We had less that 2 hours to actually play in the snow

I wrote twice explaining the dissapointment and presumed it must have been a one off and asked for some kind of compensation, only to be fobbed off and basically called a liar in the response saying that all they felt although there had been a few recorded issues that day they would be unable to offer any compensation.
Transun you are an UTTER DISGRACE.

10  Thank Kate H
Reviewed January 28, 2015

There are certain impracticalities that you have to accept taking small children on a very long day trip to -25 degrees. However that Santa Park itself is a shocking disappointment. For the best part of £2000 we were expecting something pretty high end. What you get is a few hours in a small dark grotty low rent park with limited activities. If I had paid £50 for this in the UK it at best would have be "OK". What pained the most was having my kids say" that's not the real Santa!" within seconds of seeing the 30 year old in a poorly fitting beard. On their brochure there is a disclaimer about the Santa not being same as the picture which I understand but this was a joke. Having spoken to a lot of other parents on the way back everyone was saying the same thing. I suggest going to your local supermarket with your kids as you will see a higher quality santa and still have enough change left over for decent summer holiday . I will never book with Transun again.

6  Thank Peteswallow
Reviewed January 25, 2015 via mobile

This was booked with Transun, the flights were at a time when you arrive you have about 40 minutes of daylight, which by the time you have collected your snow suits it is dark when you arrive at the activity site. Apart from the snow and reindeer there is NOTHING festive about this place. To be honest it looks like a wasteland because it is dark and everything is so spread out.

There are 2 reindeers going round a track and a couple of huskies giving rides up and down a track. Santa is a snow mobile ride away which would have been nice but it was -30 when we were there and too painful for the children to wait. There were lots of upset children.

There is 1 small hut with a fire pit to get warm which is no where near big enough. The day we went there were at least 5 coach loads visiting. The queue for food in the little canteen was going out of the door. Then there was no where to sit when you did get your food. Treated like cattle.

The staff were nice enough but they just leave you at this underwhelming site and say we will meet you back here in 4 hours. One hour would have been enough!

Please do not book this, it is not the dream trip they have you believe it is. I appreciate it is cold and we dressed appropriately, but there is not enough indoor activity available. Especially as the target age for these trips are 5-12 and young ones need some respite from the cold.

Luckily this trip was given to me but I would have been so annoyed if I had paid the £2000 it should have cost. My kids have had an arctic adventure yes but a magical trip to see Father Christmas, no definitely not.

4  Thank Victoria C
Reviewed January 14, 2015

Day trip to Lapland at Enontekio...Winter wonderland !!! Winter nightmare more like.. This trip was supp[osed to be my grandsons Christmas present. It was totally disorganised. There was no staff anywhere to ask advise. Once at the airport we faced over an hour coach trip to the booting and suiting station. Although Transun are addiment that it was only 35mins , this coach trip is not mentioned in the itinery. The booting and suiting was absolute chaos, again no staff to give help. Nothing at the village was running, Transun say it was too cold, and yes it was very cold -36degrees but once again no staff to give any advise. Santa was absolute let down and not at all interested in my grandson , who are 9 and 11 years , the present he gave them was sutable for a 5 or 6yr old. Transun say the present was a bonus ,not what it says in their advertising brochure . In all this trip was a nightmare for all of us and not value for money.. Do not book it.....

5  Thank Jenny W
Reviewed January 12, 2015

Hi-We went to Lapland on 23rd December paid 1400 pounds for 2 adult and a child! So it was expensive but the overall experience was magical. I was happy with the arrangements,plane journey food, staff! I was apprehensive after reading the reviews about Transun but fortunately didnt face any of those problems.The temp plummeted to -39 degree but my son was ok after being wrapped up.I would suggest not to take very young children as I have seen the misery of the parents.The trip was hectic, expensive but definitely worth it! Thanks Transun!!

2  Thank 734lisar
Reviewed January 11, 2015

I loved the fact it was non commercial. We went 20th Dec. Enter air made no attempt to make the flight festive, apart from donning a hat whilst bringing around the trolley. The transfer from plane to coach was easy and well organised and our rep was lovely although the long coach journey after a long flight would have been better if we had festive music at least. Husky ride was fun. Going to see the main man was in a crate on skis, no help to get in and out of ( very difficult in a thermal suit). Father Christmas was called Santa and had a brown beard under a not too covincing false one, not impressed with that. However, he was very good, spent time listening and interacting and we weren't rushed. The elf was good too. We had no time to make a snowman or toboggan. We found the reindeer by asking so had a short sleigh ride. We were prepared for the cold. The food was not good, no hot soup, or cutlery and difficult to find somewhere to sit. Was my granddaughter convinced? No, did she have fun? Yes. Look at it through a child's eyes it isn't disney. Would have liked more elves and more authentic costumes but it was an experience and the scenery is amazing. Do go prepared and do take hand warmers and snacks. Could they do better? Yes, was it a rip off? No

1  Thank Sylvia B
Reviewed January 1, 2015

I travelled with my husband and 8 year old grandson to Enontekio from Manchester on December 23rd on a Winter Wonderland Santa Daybreak trip. We booked with Lapland Holidays who were agents for Transun. There are differing reviews concerning this company. It would appear to depend on which airport you flew from as to how your experience was. We flew with Thomas Cook. They had made an effort at the airport with decorations at checkin. The flight attendants were very pleasant, wearing Christmas hats and playing Christmas music. We were encouraged to sing along to 'Let it Go' from Frozen as we arrived in Enontekio. The film Elf was played on the outward journey (there is a charge for headphone hire). The airport is very small and you have to walk over ice to get to it from the aeroplane. Once through customs, we were directed onto our coach. The first problem was encountered here as there were more people than seats and some children had to sit on knees. This was not only unsafe but also uncomfortable whilst wearing many layers of thermal clothing. The journey from the airport was quite magical. The scenery was spectacular through forests of white trees. Now came the second problem- the coach driver missed our turn off making us spend an extra half hour on the coach retracing our journey. We went to get our snow clothes but it was so busy we had to stay in the coach and then go to another place for food. This was typically Finnish. The food was perfectly acceptable. By now it was almost dark (1pm). We went for thermal clothing. Although I was wearing ski clothes with many layers, the attendant insisted we take the extra clothes as it was cold even for them! -33 degrees C!!!! After much waiting around - broken zips, no snow boots left etc. we went to the Santa Safari. The agent who travelled with us gave us no information at all about where we were or where the different activities were. Other agents on other coaches were better than this. We queued for a husky ride on a frozen lake. It was difficult to see as we had to cover our faces and as I wear glasses they misted over and froze! It was too cold to go on the snowmobiles. We waited to go on the motorised sleigh to see Santa. 15 minutes wait in such cold temperatures wasn't great. The journey to Santa was wonderful - really magical. Snowflake the elf met us. She was rather tall for an elf but very pleasant. We saw Santa. We were not rushed at all and my grandson enjoyed the experience very much. After this, we had to ask people where the reindeer ride was and the tobogganing. Our rep hadn't even told us what time to meet or where. We waited for the reindeer ride and then were directed to a tepee where hot chocolate and ginger biscuits were being served. There was an open fire in here but because of the extreme temperatures it was difficult to move as there were so many people crowded in there. Luckily my grandson doesn't feel the cold so he was fine but there were many children crying. A tip - buy glove and shoe warmers from Halfords and put them in before you get off the coach. Also, you definitely need a torch. My husband and grandson enjoyed the tobogganing while I stayed round the fire! Someone came in the tepee and said our group should meet by the restaurant at 6pm. We didn't even know there was a restaurant, and we had to ask where the toilets and gift shop were. As I said , we were given no information. The gift shop was small and charged normal gift shop prices. We met as requested and then waited half an hour for 3 people who didn't seem to realise that the rest of us had been waiting for them. At the airport, there were not enough seats and we had to stand for an hour and a half! This trip could have been so much better if the organisation was improved.

2  Thank ElaineBurnley