Book In Advance

Ways to Experience Lakeland GTE
All reviews national park canoe seal boats lake drop winter coffee
Reviewed July 25, 2018

Just got back from a Kolovesi - Joutenvesi - Linnansaari canoe tour. We rented the canoes from Arto at Lakeland GTE. This was an amazing experience: perfect weather, perfect place and perfect service. Arto was very reliable, flexible and accommodating. We arrived to Varkaus very late – at 23:10. Arto picked us up at the bus station and drove for almost an hour to the drop-off place. Thanks to this our first night in Finland was on a beautiful little island rather than some generic hotel room. During the planning stage Arto promptly answered a zillion of my questions. It was our first time in Finland and second time canoeing, so without the information I got from Arto we would be much less prepared.

The quality of the boats was top-notch. They look like private rather than rental boats.

Date of experience: July 2018
ArtoKeinanen, Owner at Lakeland GTE, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2018

Alex, thank you very much for nice review. It was a pleasure to welcome you, and I hope to see you again ! all the best Arto

Reviewed May 22, 2018

We had a wonderful Saimaa seal watching tour with comfortable ecoboat. The driver told a lot of interesting details about the Saimaa seal and its history. During the trip we saw three seal! My children were excited and so were all the adults. Thank you!

Date of experience: May 2018
ArtoKeinanen, Owner at Lakeland GTE, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2018

Thank you for coming on my tour. Lovely day in lovely weather is was in good company ! thanks & hope to see you again ! Your friendly skipper arto

Reviewed April 22, 2018 via mobile

We had a bachelorette party and we tried out ice floating, Saimaa on the rocks in the middle of April. None of us had tried the activity before so we were ver excited before "the show". The organiser had thought everything through so there were no reason to be worried.

The instructions were very clear and everything went smoothly. Arto had all the needed warm clothes including hats and socks etc. It was a nice surprise ‘cause not all of us had been prepared that well ;-) We were six girls who participated/floated and the whole thing lasted a bit more than an hour. Putting on the rescue suit took a bit longer than expected but it was nice to have many layers of warm clothes before going to icy water.

The session went really well and we had lot of fun. We can warmly recommend the ice floating, Saimaa on the rocks for those who want to have a fun and a different (but not too extreme) kind of experience that wouldn’t be possible to organise without a professional like Arto :-)

Date of experience: April 2018
ArtoKeinanen, Owner at Lakeland GTE, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2018

Thank you very much for your kind words. My goal is to make this experience as fun and safe as possible, and obviously I nailed it with you. I am so glad you tried it out, and hope your party went well ! Hope to see you again in another adventure by lake Saimaa !
guide Arto

Reviewed August 12, 2017 via mobile

Despite spotting one seal, we all had a great time, with a positive atmosphere and super professional guidance. Arto did a splendid job on educating us on seals, entertaining us with some live accordion music and providing a tasty snack:) We even got a chance to dance the "Humppa" (very finnish dance) on board. And a huge thumbs up for getting us back to the harbour safely through the thunder!
I'd definitely recommend this
- Julia and the polish group:)

Date of experience: August 2017
ArtoKeinanen, Owner at Lakeland GTE, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2017

Thank you so much for joining my tour to Linnansaari. First time "humppa-dancing" in the ecoboat and unforgottable weather, with beatifull lightings at the end ! Hope to see again, regards Arto

Reviewed August 11, 2017

We rented a canoe for 2 weeks. Arto was very friendly and competent. He drove by our Hotel in Varkaus to drop off waterproof bags the day before we started our tour so we could pack our equipment.
Arto has been mindful of security concerns. Unfortunately, there are many rental companies who focus solely on the business-side without much consideration of their customers' safety and well-being. Without hesitation, I would recommend Lakeland GTE for equipment rentals and transportation services.

Date of experience: July 2017
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
ArtoKeinanen, Manager at Lakeland GTE, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2017

Thank you very much for selecting my services, and thanks for great review ! I hope all went fine with returning home and with the move. Welcome back any time and all the best to whole family !
Arto