“Great view on the lake and good food”
Review of Huvila

Huvila
Ranked #16 of 35 Restaurants in Savonlinna
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Helsinki, Finland
“Great view on the lake and good food”
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

This is a place worth going. Food is very good, although portions are not abundant. The dessert was excellent but way too expensive.
Service was kind but a bit slow.
There's a great view on the lake and there are concerts in the summer on a outdoors stage.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Paola E

• Finnish first
Salem MA
“ambience and flavor”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

We enjoyed dinner here very much. The food was beautifully presented and thoughtfully prepared. Some diners have mentioned that the portions were too small, but this was not our experience. Our waiter kindly allowed me to attempt the little Finnish that I am capable of and helped me when I stumbled. A friendly yet totally professional establishment.

• Visited June 2013
Espoo, Finland
“A pleasant surprise”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

What a pleasant surprise this place was after walking in the rain from the opera! With the "brewery" label I didn't really expect such beautifully presented food. This place clearly takes their food seriously! Service is friendly but informal, and the waiter took the time to explain the components of each dish. I had the fish of the day with seasonal vegetables and it was delicious and perfectly cooked. I'm not a beer drinker but my partner is and he enjoyed the two beers that he tried. The location is nice too - I'm sure the terrace is delightful when the weather allows it to be used.

I will definitely eat here again if I find myself in Savonlinna. Highly recommended!

• Visited July 2013
Logan, Utah
“Dining/drinking experience not to be missed while in Savonlinna”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

In a beautiful, scenic lakeside location, don't let the "brewpub" label throw you off. Huvila is more of a fine dining restaurant that serve their own small batch beers that are some of the best Finland has to offer. Especially their Porter. As a solo traveler, finishing up a teaching gig in Kuopio, I dropped in one evening in late August 2012, just as tourist season was running down, on the recommendation of several friends. As it happened, I was the sole customer, but it was a memorable dining experience. The knowledgeable proprietor was happy to chat about brewing science, beer-food pairings, local foods. I had a four course meal - starters, soup, main dish (baked local whitefish), and dessert, each matched with a recommended house beer. Absolutely outstanding, really hyvaa, and one of my most memorable meals in Finland (I used to live in Finland, and am a frequent visitor). My total bill - about 70 euros, but worth it. Highly recommended! If I make it back to Savonlinna, I will return to Huvila.

• Visited August 2012
Helsinki, Finland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fresh food with nice athmosphere”
Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

There is only few decend restaurants in Savonlinna and Huvila is definitely one of those. They have their own fresh style and food is tasty. Allthough value for money could be better, especially main-courses were expensive. View from the terrace is beautiful and place is worth of visit. For next summer they could really pay attention on service and how to treat customers - small details do matter.

• Visited July 2013