“nasty food, nasty restaurant.”
Review of Deli-China

Deli-China
Ranked #10 of 58 Restaurants in Joensuu
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed July 25, 2012

We ordered take out from this place, the food was disgusting. We ordered 6 different dishes and not one of them was even satisfactory.

Picking up the order was not exactly a joy either, the quoted time was 30 minutes until able to pick up, yet we had to wait another 30 minutes. So we got a good look at the place, it was dusty all over and a film of grease on everything...we ended up deciding to just wait outside rather than stay in that nasty hole.

Never ordering from them or going there again!

2  Thank RoutaRescueTeam
There are newer reviews for Deli-China

Reviewed June 27, 2012

It's located in the very center of the city, but in a bit secluded place, so it's quite peaceful. It offers a lunch on weekdays, when the food is even cheaper than usually (usually it's a bit more than 10€ for a main course). You won't be hungry after you leave this place and the food is just great! I used to live in Joensuu for 4 years and this is my favorite restaurant there (and I've been to almost every one of them...) If you go to Joensuu, don't miss this one!

Reviewed December 16, 2011

I don't recommend this place to anybody. Where to start from? We found it in our Lonely Planet guide (which usually doesn't go wrong) and decided to give it a go. However Finland Lonely Planet was written in 2007. Things must have been different back then if they decided the restaurant was worth something.
When we were sitted, there were already plates on the table, and flatware. ALL the forks were dirty, bearing bits of food, and 2 out of 4 plates were dirty too. I wanted to leave but my boyfriend is too polite for this, so we stayed. When I asked the waitress to take back all the dirty stuff, because it was dirty, instead of being mortified she was giggling. Does a restaurant like this deserve to stay open? It's a no for me even if they had the best food in the world.
Which is definitely not the case. We had spring rolls that were very greasy and the oil tasted like it hadn't been changed for a long time. The second course was simply tasteless, and badly overpriced.
If you are in the area and crave Chinese I highly recommend going to Nana instead: (see my review) just as much in the center, CLEAN, lovely service, great food and right price.

1  Thank velluto
Reviewed September 26, 2011

This small Chinese restaurant has appeared conveniently located in town center and rather suitable for a lonely supper in simply. For autumn evening to have supper in silence in an unfamiliar city is better with familiar meal. Dishes were such, predictably - tasty and very habitual. Service was fast and quite friendly. Visitors at restaurant practically weren't.

Reviewed August 11, 2011

Service is not good, although rice noodle plate is too big and Taste is satisfyable..

1  Thank SnufkinZ