“Nice fish restaurant in Gothenburg”
Review of Sjobaren i Haga

Sjobaren i Haga
Reserve with
Sjobaren i Haga is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 1,338 Restaurants in Gothenburg
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 10, 2014

This was a nice swedish style restaurant in Gothenburg. The atmosphere was friendly, and the service attentive. The fish and seafood menu were atractive and the food was tasty, but simple. Very limited wine list. The shrimps had a different taste from what you get out of Scandinavia.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,030)

Reviewed June 8, 2014

On our first night in Gothenburg we asked the concierge at our hotel the Elite where to eat seafood, they recommended Sjöbaren
RESTAURANTS / SEAFOOD
There are two of these restaurants and we liked the food so much we went back for our last night.

We had fish soup and caviar for entrees and mussels and fish of the day for mains....both were lovely. My husband is gluten in tolerant and they were also able to accommodate this too.

We also had a bottle of champagne ....on both occasions

We thought the quality if the food was so good we went to the other restaurant on our last evening and shared pickled herring which we had never had before and I had langastines and my husband had black cod
I must say the langastines were outstanding with a very generous serve

We sat outside at the Haga restaurant which was nice but I thought the ambience of their sister restaurant was better. Neither of us smoke so we didn't sit outside at this restaurant ...a negative as this means we weren't able to avail ourselves of the good weather

We hope Sweden soon bans smoking outside during dining!

Reviewed May 27, 2014

I have been to Sjöbaren at Haga several times over the years and must say, now when I have visited both restaurants that Sjöbaren Close to Avenyen is much better as concerns food, service and atmosphere compared to Sjöbaren at Haga. My Review now concerns the restaurant at Haga.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

This place really competes with the few Michelin awarded restaurants we have in Gothenburg. Excelent sea food, with a local touch. My advice is to book in well in advance, because there is a very small place.

Reviewed May 16, 2014

I was alone and without a reservation, so I sat at the bar (my preferred seat) and ate some world-class fish soup--perhaps the best I'd ever had. For an entree, I had salmon with potatoes. The potatoes were totally unnecessary but delicious, in a thick butter and dill sauce. The salmon with vegetables was flawless! But the soup. Go for the soup. It's indescribably wonderful. Well, it's creamy and spicy and complex.

I struck up a conversation with a regular patron, an older woman who lives in Haga. We had a delightful time together, and the next time I come, she's going to be a guide to the skerries for me.

All round great evening. I felt like a beloved local, sated and happy, when I left.

2  Thank KRoan