“Far from being as good as it thinks it is!”
Review of Koka

Koka
Ranked #4 of 1,373 Restaurants in Gothenburg
Cuisines: Swedish, Scandinavian, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Went there with some business colleagues on a recommendation, unfortunately we were filled with disappointment. The menu tried to be very clever, however each course had a few mistakes in the flavour combinations that ruined the dishes. For the price I would have expected to be blown away by a “Cookery Masterclass”, I was not! Of course, we may have been unlucky, as the menu is apparently changed depending on the availability of the produce & season. However, this was our experience and as such I would not recommend it.

4  Thank init4thetravel

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Dropped in here for some charcuterie and a drink on a Monday evening - the place was quite quiet but it felt very cosy and full of atmosphere. The sharing plates of meats and cheeses were delicious, if a tad on the pricey side, but you could tell the quality was high. The bar doesn't have the full range of drinks available which was a bit of a pain, and the teeny toilet is a bit offputting as there is a table right outside it and you can hear every word of conversation through the door - watch what you're talking about if you sit at that table! A nice place though, worth a visit for meat and cheese lovers.

1  Thank Tracy T
Reviewed September 26, 2013

My boyfriend enjoys watching cooking competitions on TV, so for his birthday I booked a table at this fancy, one star restaurant.

They were very fast to help us when we came in, were very polite and took our coats. We were shown to a table and were served champagne and appetizers. They were very polite and professional :) I liked that very much. The food was outstanding and we got to try different kinds of rare wines. With rare I mean most of them can't be bought at our local liquor store.

If you go to the toilet the napkin will be folded neatly when you get back.

Even though we had a table by a door (the room were they store wine), we weren't really bothered by them passing twice during the evening.

I'm just really happy about everything :) I highly recommend them!

It was super pricy but for special occasions it's fine! :)

1  Thank Adrianne M
Reviewed September 23, 2013

An excellent evening with dear friends.
The food at kock & vin are always excellent, and tonight we was here with some friends that wanted to have some especial requests outside of the suggested menu. The waitress's handled the requests in a very good manner and to full satisfaction.
We can strongly recommend this restaurant in all perspectives, booth from the food and wine perspective as well as from the service.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

We dine in many good restaurants, but our dinner at Kock och Vin was one of the most interesting by quite a margin. The name is a pun on coq au vin and there was no sign of anything that might be Bjorn's Bar when we went in June 2013, so I hope this is the right place. Each course was a surprise in its own way, but avoided gimmicks. The restaurant is smart and was full (you have to book) but not pretentious. An extraordinary experience on the night we went. Good for romance, even if you're married. Faults? Why don't they re-locate to London?