“Cosy restaurant with really nice pizzas but would not recommend anything else..”
Review of El Corazon

El Corazon
Ranked #242 of 1,361 Restaurants in Gothenburg
Cuisines: European, Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 23, 2012

When we arrived they told us to please put our coats away in the cloak room and then we had to pay 20 kr/person for this. You can pay with card or cash in restaurant but once you want to order drinks at bar they only take cards, no cash?! This was the second time that I've been to this restaurant/bar for food. Last time I had some form of meat and potatoes but it was average and not worth the price. This time I had a pizza called rio grande something. It was like a taco pizza and everybody thought it was the best one on the table (order the source cream with it). It cost 199 kr which I guess is not too bad for it being Sweden. Bottle of house wine was 369kr though, overprized I think. Service was good/ok. No music so we could hear each other but we did miss it after a while. I would go back for pizza but not for much else. It's cosy to sit there afterwards but a bit frustrating that they don't take cash.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

Been many times to Gothenburg though had never tried this place out before. Maybe because it passed as a tappas bar and äm personally not particularly fond of the concept. A local friend though proposed to eat lunch there... A very broad selection of Spanish and Italian cuisine. Theres definately something för everyone here. We ordered a super large pizza which was a pricey but by far the BEST pizza I've eaten in Sweden! Service was SLOW(to order, bit better for servings) and I can definately come up with a handfull of alternatives that are more value for money...One must of course take into account that it placed on Kungsportsavenyn which adds a bit to the price. All in all, good food, poor service, central location. Worth trying the pizza in my opinion.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

The service here wasn't very good. The staff not pleasant and we waited over an hour for our entree (even though they weren't very busy). They forced us to take off our coats and put them in the coat room for 20SEK/coat. The only saving grace for this restaurant was that the food was delicious.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

During an evening walk I passed by this restaurant and decide to go in, it was reasonable full with people where other surrounding places where almost empty. I was placed at a window table and that was good, as long as the door stays closed I found out later. The first half an hour or so nobody entered, but then quite some people cam and the door was open very often, there was a very cold breeze coming in those times and that was not comfortable. OK now for the food, there was a wide selection of tapas and I decided to try 4 of them, albondigas, good and spicy, nice sauce, calamares, fresh and good, salami with pesto, average, very little salami, bruschetta, average, not as spicy as it should be alongside there was a lot of bread. As a total meal the 4 tapas where just enough, the deserts did not make me very happy from the menu so I decided to go for a ' cafe cortado' instead. The girls did not know what this was ( mind you this is a spanish restaurant) at the end the bill arrived, almost 400 swedish crowns it was, that was OK for me.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Visit for Sunday brunch.

Food was average but the service was below average, I just don't like staff standing behind the bar talking about what they did last night with their friends instead of taking care of paying guests.

As most of the restaurant on or near Avenyn this must almost be regarded as a tourist trap.

The other El Corazon is much better, the one near Saluhallen.