“Best Chinese in Gothenburg...Sweden?”
Review of Canton House - CLOSED

Canton House
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Being a neighbour I've been to Canton House numerous times and I never tire. Swedish Chinese restaurants are generally not very "Chinese", rather some kind of hybrid kitchen and after growing up with it I can't really say I like it.
Canton House is the shining star on the Chinese kitchen sky and there is no compettion...or alternative if you're looking for proper Chinese. All friends and colleagues I've brought there loves it. The food is amazing and the staff very friendly at the same time as being professional.

I can truthfully say I've eaten through the entire menu and believe me, everything is amazing. Try the chicken with chili and ginger, try the steam cooked beef or, my favorite, the dumplings which are the perfect starter. Order different dishes and share.
This is as good as it gets.

Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

Visited the Canton on a Sunday. We were a wee bit late, it shuts at 10, but they still managed to fit us in when we arrived at the back of 9. About a 20 min walk from Viktoriagatan where we were staying. Thoroughly enjoyed the food, nice and spicy and suited our British palate. Both of us had a number 18 can't mind the exact name -, with tons of rice, spring roll starter, and two beers, £57, and we were absolutely full. Also, the place was exceptionally clean; a good indication for me is always the toilets and they were spotless! Good food, reasonably priced, in a clean and friendly environment - can't go wrong.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

Attractive little restaurant a little tucked away. A good choice if you're wanting Chinese food in Gothenburg.

Reviewed June 16, 2012

Wonderful food, staff and for Sweden very good value.

Reviewed April 24, 2012

Very satisfied. Authentic Chinese food, great atmosphere, perfect service. Only disappointment was the Peking Duck, made on duck breast, no crispy skin, to be avoided if you love the real thing. But go there, lots of other great dishes will put a big smile on your face.

1  Thank ragazzoDenmark