“Cosy Restaurant In the Hub of Gothenburg”
Review of Caleo

Caleo
Ranked #41 of 1,300 Restaurants in Gothenburg
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Visted Caleo for the first time in June. Excellent atmosphere in the restaurant which really made the night for my wife and I. Decided to go all out this night and was not disappointed by the food on offer - which was absolutely fantastic. Don't get me wrong, if you go hunting there are cheaper places to eat in the City, but I cannot fault the quality and service which was on offer. Barman David was great, and pointed us in the direction of a few new places to try - such as The Rover - which we went to a couple of nights later. Very friendly people in the place and we got chatting to quite a few folk. Drink was quite expensive compartively, but after a while we didn't notice, and I did get a fright when I looked at the credit card bill when we returned home. However, it was definitely worth it - as a one-off - for the fun we had!

3  Thank Stuart H
There are newer reviews for Caleo

Reviewed May 19, 2012

Only bad thing to say about this restaurant is that you can not book a table ahead. The restaurant is quite small, so there is a big risk to end up not having table available. However every time I have eaten there (3 times) we have been lucky. The food is very good, but be warned, it might be too much to eat starter, main and dessert if you are a women with not very big hunger...The portions are relatively nice size, which is positive. The atmosphere is very nice and you can also take a glass of wine on the bar, if you need to wait for the table or just want to hang around.

Reviewed March 18, 2012

In Gothenburg 6-8 times a year and almost always make a stop at this restaurant when I am in town. Good food and reasonably priced (for Sweden), and cannot say that they have ever disappointed me.

Reviewed February 27, 2012

A small restaurant, very good Greek food, young people with a hip decor
We really like it, very nice service...

Reviewed January 27, 2012

The food in Caleo is superb by any standards.
The only criticism is that it took me a while to choose what I wanted because everything on the menu from seafood to meat looked delicious!
The Carpaccio was amazing; thinly sliced beef that was perfectly matched by the balsamic based sauce.
Caleo is not a big place, and it filled up very quickly, with queues in the doorway, but there was no feeling of being squashed or intruded upon.
And the waiting staff; they were very friendly and seemed genuinely proud to be serving such good food and drink.