“sjömagasinet”

Cuisines: Seafood, Scandinavian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 4, 2012

everything is very good but the food has lost it's edge since Leif Mannerström left. The food is very good but is not exceptional as it was when Leif was the owner.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

We went to this restaurant with our company's top executive from Japan. The atmosphese was quite nice. The service was not exactly at Japanese standards, but it might be ok for Sweden, I am not sure. The food was good but not worth the money spent. Anyway, it is the michelin star that attracted us...

Reviewed August 15, 2012

We had a sensation meal at this beautiful restaurant. The seafood is amazing and they have an extensive wine list. Service was great and the atmosphere is very romantic. Highly recommend this restaurant!

Reviewed August 10, 2012

Great ambiance, outside seating for pre-dinner drinks (sunshine was a nice plus that day), excellent seafood dishes, recommend the multi-person serving 5 Herring combination as a starter, could have done with that as a main only. Good wine, good service, simply very good experience.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

We had one "serious" dinner night in Gothenburg, and opted for Sjömagasinet, which I had not visited for 10+ years, but my wife was delighted after a family dinner last year, so we went for "tried and tested". It did NOT disappoint. Impeccable service, absolutely delectable food (and I don`t even like fish, so I had the veal entrecote ...). The wine list - and the sommelier - are excellent. I was encouraged to try an excentric Riesling with my veal, and in spite of being a RED wine lover I agreed and was "blown away". Brilliant in every way, so the rather high price tag somehow sailed by my credit card painlessly. We left with a smile, good memories, and a safe place to return for a serious Gothenburg dinner with friends, family or colleagues.