“One of the best”
Review of Magnus & Magnus

Magnus & Magnus
Reserve with
Magnus & Magnus is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 1,259 Restaurants in Gothenburg
Cuisines: French, Scandinavian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Magnus & Magnus or M2 is a cosy restaurant in the hart of Gothenburg with a capacity of 44 seats. We have been there for 15 years and established ourselves on Magasinsgatan. The kitchen serves a mix of Asian, French & Scandinavian dishes in a relaxed atmosphere both suitable for business & romantic dinnersOur speciality is the M2 "4" menu with pairing wine menuWe are open Monday-Saturday During the weekend we have 2 seatingsPlease make a reservation to avoid disappointmentKind regardsM2
Bethesda, Maryland
“One of the best”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Many of the restaurants with great reviews in Gothenburg are closed for some period in July and August. So, we followed TripAdvisor and went to Magnus & Magnus. Spectacular meal! My husband and I each did the two course meal with wine pairings. I had an appetizer and main course and he had a main course and dessert. The food was creative and delicious and had flavors that I could not have even envisioned. The waiter explained what everything was and brought out "special treats" from the chef. This was one of the best meals I have ever had. What a pleasant surprise!

• Visited August 2013

• Turkish first
Oslo, Norway
“Bara Magnus”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Went to Gothenburg for a couple weekend in April, and found this little pearl of a restaurant. Not Magnus & Magnus but their "little brother" around the corner, Bara Magnus.
The food was superb, and our waiter, mr. Mac made us feel like we were in France.
We ordered a 5 course finner with wine menu, and mr Mac gladly sat down at the table to
tell us about what we were served and about the wine. 2000,- SEK for a dinner at this standard, with exellent wine to accompany it, is not a bad deal. Se would love to come again.
After the dinner, the backyard functioned as a nightclub, and we ordered a nightcap. Perfect end the evening!

• Visited April 2013
Spring
“Delicious and surprising”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

My husband, daughter, and I ate there twice. Loved the experience both times. Menu is limited and some combinations seem like they might not work, but somehow they do. They were able to modify items to accomodate my serious gluten allergy and still were able to give me a delicious dining experience with 3 courses.

Visited July 2013
“Magnus backyard”
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Magnus and magnus has a bar and beer garden at the back where they serve a bit of food... Go there, but don't eat desert there! It's one if the nicest beer gardens n Gothenburg, but the deserts we had were not nice, I wouldn't have paid have the price if I'd known... Ready made ingredients from the supermarket placed on a huge plate in a fancy manner... I will go again for a glass of wine, but I will have nuts or crisps to go with it! Overpriced and over ambitious!

• Visited July 2013
Stockholm
“love when restaurants like this stay open in the summer”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

On my way with little time to spend eating a decent meal might not be the best conditions for a quick meal at a prestigious Restaurant like Magnus / Magnus. So wrong I were. The server had a lovely breadbasket, amuse, and a wine recommendation for my meal in no time. Settled for hake , peas , white asparagus, mussel, takes some imagination reading new menu layouts like this. Full score for texture, taste and presentation..Wished I could stay longer!
Service skilled an efficient.

• Visited July 2013