“Fibonacci's epicurian adventure”
Review of Magnus & Magnus

Magnus & Magnus
Reserve with
Magnus & Magnus is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 1,350 Restaurants in Gothenburg
Cuisines: French, Scandinavian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Magnus & Magnus or M2 is a cosy restaurant in the hart of Gothenburg with a capacity of 44 seats. We have been there for 15 years and established ourselves on Magasinsgatan. The kitchen serves a mix of Asian, French & Scandinavian dishes in a relaxed atmosphere both suitable for business & romantic dinnersOur speciality is the M2 "4" menu with pairing wine menuWe are open Monday-Saturday During the weekend we have 2 seatingsPlease make a reservation to avoid disappointmentKind regardsM2
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Ali and have been lucky to eat in some fantastic places, this was the best meal Ali has ever had; it was pretty close for me, top five.
The waitress was confident, welcoming without being intrusive a rare skill. The four course (plus amuse bouche) taster menu with 'posh' wine was £80 per head, amazing value.
They asked us we sat at our table (admittedly booked weeks in advance) and asked us for dietary requirements, I'm no dairy or shell fish, I had forgotten to tell them. Changes made food still amazing. The wine was well matched and of great quality, my only reservation was the red with the main was a little young, but that is a bit churlish. We will go to Gothenburg to eat here.

1  Thank KeithESomerset

Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful atmosphere and a really good selection of wines from the must-have selection.
Quality of food is very high and the presentation does not lack anything.

Also very good for gluten-free travellers!

The only drawback: it is a bit expensive overall (approx. 60€ excluding drinks for the 4 courses set menu) and a low quantity/price ratio.

Your taste will be satisfied!!!

Reviewed February 27, 2013

A big part of travel for me is creating memories and experiences around food. From nice places to street food there is no discrimination. We only had a couple day in Gothenburg and decided that magnus will be that experience. Happy to say that the food and service surpassed our expectations. The restaurant is quiet dark creating a warm atmosphere. The service relaxed but very polished. Friendly inviting and passionate. The food bursting with flavour and filled with great texture combinations. On one plate you journey from sweet to salty, then sour. Move between silky smooth and crunchy . Its been a little while since i really enjoyed every dish so much. Just a great night out where the chef is not afraid of flavour .

Reviewed February 22, 2013

I live in GBG and still after many years i have not been to this cozy hide away restaurant.
I went with 2 friends and emidetly when you enter the place you feel a welcome atmosphere.
Except from us all others are couples and i can see why due to the romance atmosphere.
We had the 2 course for 395 and i had Zander which is a lake fish of very high quality.
I can´t remember the name of starter but it was really good.
Before starter we had some small soup and it was yammi.
So was there home made bread and cheese butter.
We took wine at the res chooice and they fitted perfectly.
My friends had the duck and found it very nice as well.
As desert we shared a cheese plate with 5 different kinds and bread.
I would expect another bread here but same.
The staff is another thing who makes you feel cared and everything feels very professional and it feels like you are in "their home".

920 kr for 2course and one shared desert and 3 glas wine is not cheep but you gets what you pay for indeed.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

We went here for Valentines.

It was decorated accordingly with red heart shaped balloons! Maybe a bit too much, but after all if you're in a valentines mood it is cute !

They had a valentines special menu (meaning their choices from the regular menu) that can be ordered as "m2s 4" on ordinary nights at SEK495.

Starting with corn soup on the house - yummy!
- King crab and scallop - the crab dumpling was dull (my partner agrees) and I wouldn't order it again.
- Pork terrin and foie gras - the pork was absolutely delicious! The foie gras as well. I would order this every time!
- Our choice of main course meaning either beef and pork OR pike perch and oyster. We had one each and both were really good, especially I was amazed of the meat dish! The pork was the best kind of pork ever! I wish I could have it for Christmas every year!
- Coconut ice cream, blood orange and pine apple in Campari and pistachio. I must say the dessert was a real disappointment. It was really really good, but after those first courses I wished for a REAL dessert not "just ice cream".

Accompanying this 4-course-menu we had the wine menu at SEK495.

Well worth the money! Definitely.

The food is Michelin class but the service has some flaws. There was unnecessary waiting time a couple of times and they served red wine before they realized it was a white wine dish - we overheard the waiter did the same to yet another couple... but kudos for leaving the extra glass at no extra charge at our table!

They has this extra feature "Loftet" - for smooth and flexible guests! You actually get to climb the stairs to the loft for complete privacy. Fun but not for everyone.

They accept AMEX.