“Food was good, service not so good”
Review of 28 +

28 +
Ranked #98 of 1,361 Restaurants in Gothenburg
Cuisines: Scandinavian, International
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Fine dining restaurant, impressive wine cellar. Established 1985. One star in Guide Michelin since 1991. Seasonal ingredients used in creative cooking
Reviewed November 27, 2012

We love fine food and often spending good $$$ on getting them. We dined for the first night at Thörnströms Kök and our second night at 28+ during our weekend trip to Gothenburg, and in comparison, Thörnströms Kök was so much better (oh and also cheaper)! We went for the 5-course tasting menu with wine pairing at 28+. The first course - a fish carpaccio was very tasting and probably one of the best course I've had in a while. However, it went downhill from there. The rest of the meal, although not not-tasty, was not exactly what I had expected from a Michelin starred restaurant. In addition, the service was not very good either. The waiter could not really explain each dish properly in English and you can see him struggle through this. Perhaps if you speak Swedish, the experience may be better. The decor of the restaurant itself is nice though - underground with a feeling of being in a cave, rather romantic, a rustic feeling nice for the winter. Anyhow, given the price and the other options available in Gothenburg, we will not be re-visiting 28+.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

I took my girlfriend to 28+ as a present on her birthday. The meal ended up costing well over 2300KR. The service was terrible, the portion sizes were tiny and I was served bad seafood, which caused food poisoning.

I wrote a letter to both the restaurant and the Michelin guide, complaining.
After two weeks, I still haven't received a reply...

I cannot stress how bad this restaurant is!

6  Thank Swedish_Chris
Reviewed November 4, 2012

For my birthday I got a precent card from LIVEIT. And yes I intended to enjoy it. Looked at the menu online - looked good!!! First disappointment - there was a set menu, so we did not even get to choose what to eat. Next, the boy who served us did not sell the product - he read the manual. Good food, good wine but no enthusiasm. Guess they already got their stars in Michelin guide.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

OK yeah its bit expensive, but honestly its top 3 food which i have ever experienced in whole Gothenburg. Great atmosphere, helpful and very friendly stuff and the food.... OMG - was amazing! We tried scallops and tartar as starters - FANTASTIC and had steak and halibut as main courses also dreamy food, especially the halibut! Wine was amazing and cant wait to get there again for cheese tasting :)

Reviewed August 25, 2012

The food and the ambiance were excellent but the service mediocre for that kind of restaurant, we waited a long time in order to order and the wine service was really poor, i.e. we had to stop eating for a while if we would want to drink our wine with our meal, the waiter was not filling our glass of wine very often. While we thought that we drank all our wine, after eating dessert, the waiter brought the bottle leftover and came to serve again...it was to late, I've rather drink my wine while eating not after my dessert!!