“Tapas”

Ranked #144 of 1,280 Restaurants in Gothenburg
Cuisines: Scandinavian
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner
Description: Tapasbaren Majorna 2.0 is a local restaurant with high personality in the heart of Gothenburg. Our ambition is to serve tapas our way, made of local produce and often with seasonal vegetables in main focus.
Gothenburg, Sweden
“Tapas”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Very cosy little place to meet your friends at.
A small range of tapas available, inside there are few seats and you can not book (I think). On the summe rthere are a small crowded terrace and sometimes live music. They keep a iberian touch on things.

Good price, order a couple of those tapas and you will be staisfied, otherwise order some more.

-try the pacharan as apertif.

• Visited January 2013

Santorini, Greece
“The best tapas in town!!”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

A friend of mine took me here. She had been here many times since the opening and always told me we had to go. I love tapas and have been to most of the bars in Gothenburg, and I was curious about this little new place in her neighborhood.

The place is not big and has a more "local pub" feeling to it, then a restaurant. But the decoration is as far away from a local pub as one can get. The old, orignal tiles on the floor from Andalusia, the bar in zink and the decoration is like stepping into an old traditional tapas bar in Madrid.

The plates we ordered actually made us drool before we tried not to stuff ourself too fast...! Only the fresh baked bread with aioli was a dream. The Ensalada de Repollo Negro (salsify, root vegetables, herbs and lemon) was cooked to perfection. Al Bondigas de Cordero (minced lamb rolls, Muscatel- pickled cucumber, mint), Escalivada con Queso de Cabra (eggplant, artichoke, goat cheese and nuts)-all dishes were great! What I really liked was that they managed to create very good tapas with typically traditional Swedish ingredients. Even if the meny are not as big as the tapas bars in Gothenbug, the tapas are so well done and it will be much worth a visist here.

Another thing was the service. Ok, we went around 6 pm, before dinner time and the place was empty and ok, the bartender/waiter recognised my friend and maybe we got a more personal service...I don't know. But I noticed that the other guests got exactly the same attention as us and THAT is what really make a place to what is! We felt like we were eating in his kitchen and he did everything to make us feel comfortable...

I really recommend this little gem in Majorna!

Ingela together with her friend Lena

• Visited January 2013