“This hotel is cheap as compared to those in Gothenburg city”
Review of Hotel Molndals Bro

Hotel Molndals Bro
Ranked #52 of 67 Hotels in Gothenburg
Orebro, Sweden
“This hotel is cheap as compared to those in Gothenburg city”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

My wife,myself & 2 friends got a room 2 nights for 4 pax(2 single beds plus 2 extra folding beds)quite comfortable for us but no complaints from our friends so considered okay. Toilet is clean & bathroom is okay only minus is somehow the bathroom smelled like foot-sweat but we had our deodorant along to spray it. Helpful,friendly staff with relaxed atmosphere,free wifi,free parking and free coffee,tea,cookies etc at all times in the breakfast area. Breakfast with boiled eggs,ham,etc but no hot one. Location is close to transport links and pretty noisy with open windows,a/c okay and only about 10 mins with commute train or tram to Gothenburg city or vice versa. On the whole I would recommend this hotel as it`s much cheaper than Gothenburg with a few good reataurants nearby.

Room Tip: Always read the reviews of other travellers before you.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Polish first
Holmfirth, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I commute from Scotland to Gothenburg to work. At first I stayed at Scandic Crowns but for the past 15 Months I have opted to stay at this lovely little hotel with terrific, friendly staff. Peter the owner has done a great job and everyone is very welcoming. Rooms are just as good as any Scandic, breakfast is truly amazing and the one choice dinner in the evenings as part of the room rate are basic but good. A couple of decent restaurants are within 5 minutes walk if you want something diffferent. A 25 minute walk to my office make this ideal, I don't need a car and it's easy to take a tram into central Gothenburg.

A terrific, friendly and great value little hotel!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Having stayed here three times recently on business, I thoroughly recommend this friendly little hotel with very pleasant and helpful staff, a pleasant and tranquil ambience and very close to Molndal station for bus motorway and train links. Rooms are comfortable, bathrooms well-equipped, breakfasts ample and with a lot of choice, light evening suppers provided foc Monday to Thursday. Bicycles available for use as well. Simply a homely place, not a branded hotel. Having also stayed in the local Scandic Molndal and Ibis Molndal (not bad), this is the pick of the bunch in my view.

Room Tip: Probably best to get rooms facing away from the fast road and the station - but note the hotel is su...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Oslo
Reviewed July 31, 2012

We only booked it for a night on our way to another destination. Its directly on the highway and trainstation, and with free parking this is convenient when travelling by car. Service in the reception was good, but it was very clear that Mölndal was no place to stay for a meal in the evening- we were recommended to go to Gothenburg. Which was easy enough, about 15 mins with metro.
Double room was one normal bed and one short extra bed. Room facing the road and train station was very noisy. Nice breakfast and clean room
All in all, a place to stay for a cheap room nead Gothenburg if you dont care about the surroundings or noise. Find it strange that it has 4 stars...

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Frodsham, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 13, 2011

We stayed in this hotel for one night, shame it wasn't longer, on our recent visit to Sweden.
The hotel is a five minute, two stops, train journey from Goteborg central railway station, and a short walk from the station, you can see the hotel as you get off the train.
The reception staff were very friendly, pleasant, and helpful. When they saw that I was traveling with my daughter they immediately changed our room from a double to a twin without any prompting.
The hotel was very clean and comfortable. During the week an evening meal is served free of charge.And there are free hot drinks and cookies available too. Breakfast was a delight and beautifully presented, no hot options, but a very wide choice of cereals, dried fruit and nuts, cold meats,cheeses, and breads.
We liked this hotel very much it had a friendly, intimate feel about it that you don't get in big hotels.
We wouldn't hesitate to recommend it and would definitely stay her again should we return to Goteborg

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Helen H
Reviewed June 16, 2011

Its hard to imagine that this Hotel isnt swamped every day of the week. I had the best stay in My entire life. Im very picky when it comes to hotels but i got everything i asked for. Free coffee, free dinner, free bicycles, free laptop, free everything. (had to return the laptop though..: ) I always stay at scandic when in Göteborg, but not anymore. Extra thanks to the manager Peter, who actually drove me to the airport when my taxi didnt show.

//Robert

• Stayed June 2011
Lund, Sweden
Reviewed September 9, 2010

I had the best night of sleep in my entire life, great beds. I woke up feeling like a king and just couldn't stop yabbering about how well I slept to my girlfriend. Like someone else said in their review, the rooms are simple and clean and nothing to complain about.

Not the most spectacular view, just outside my window i saw the train station (at least it's close!)

I found the staff very nice and friendly. Great breakfast, there was everything that I could wish for and very good coffee, which is very very important to me :)

I only stayed one night but would recommend the hotel to anyone.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pprovenzano
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gothenburg
Good Morning Molndal
#62 of 67 in Gothenburg
Arken Hotel & Art Garden Spa
Arken Hotel & Art Garden Spa
#39 of 67 in Gothenburg

Been to Hotel Molndals Bro? Share your experiences!