Best Western Tidbloms Hotel
$106
$103
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Scandic No. 25(Gothenburg)(Great Value!)
$147
$138
First Hotel G(Gothenburg)
$138
$127
$104
$100
  • Restaurant
All reviewscity centrebreakfast buffetvisited gothenburgcomfy bedgreat breakfastfirst floortramsek
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

Stayed a night here due to location close to family we were visiting. It is old school Scandinavian hotel - clean, well kept, slightly old fashioned but charming. Low lights were the beds: far too soft, and the service: the family room we had booked was unable to be used due to a problem with the bathroom, and it was a bit of a job trying to get back the difference in price between that room and the double we were given instead. It was put right in the end but its the kind of thing you never expect a chain to quibble about.
Highlight was definitely the breakfast - you normally find buffet breakfasts are good over here but this was particularly nice.
The hotel has a pub/restaurant on the ground floor with a good selection of beers, and a terrific and tasty menu with generous portions. I'd definitely recommend eating there if you were in the area.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank bignorm_qc
Reviewed November 21, 2013

This hotel is clean and fresh. Rooms are quite small, but it worked fine for a couple of nights.

Location could be better, but it's still very easy to go into town.

I enjoyed the breakfast buffé and thought the restaurant was fresh as well.

It was pretty avarage for a Swedish hotel and I might come back next time i visit my favorite city.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Nice clean hotel, rooms a little basic but comfortable, good base for exploring the area and friendly staff.

I have stayed here a couple of times for work and found it a nice firendly place particularly travelling a a women alone

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I stayed there for 3 nights and the room really smells! Besides the weird smell, the room itself wasn't too bad. Quite small but like any other Gothenburg hotel, it feels clean. I bought the package with parking including but at first staff says it's not and then after I insisted them to check again (It was the only reason why I chose to stay there at the first place), they said ok now they see it. I parked right outside the door and I asked the front desk that I was parking outside and if I need a pass on my windshield because I could see that there was a ticket machine next to it. As a foreigner to the country, I always make sure it is done by the book. The front desk staff waved and said no. Of course, I got a ticket the next day and now the front desk said oh you have to move your car somewhere else our parking is not here. They insisted that they gave me the direction to the hotel parking but if they did why wouldn't I move my car already? When I checked out, the front desk told me that they were sorry about the ticket so they gave me a discount on the third night but they lied yet again. I booked all three nights from my company travel website and I booked the three nights in different time, hence the different rate. It was the same rate as I booked it. No discount whatsoever. I mean, come on!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Kat C
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Rooms here are nice by European standards. Decent size work area but the bathrooms are a bit on the small size. Staff is extremely helpful and friendly offering local directions and dining recommendations. There is a gastropub on site. Decent buffet breakfast which is included. Food and drink are quite good which is helpful because there is not much else close by.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business