All reviews hot yoga spa staff corner suite lobby area central station nice hotel breakfast buffet renovation gym towels tv sweden
Selected filters
Reviewed June 3, 2019 via mobile

As the saying goes I’m easily pleased once I get the best of everything and this hotel fulfilled that. Right across the square from Central bus and train station. Close enough to be convenient but far enough away to avoid train noises. Very close to the Centre of town as well. Friendly staff everywhere. The bedroom was big with a beautiful bathroom. Spacious walk in shower and nice toiletries. Very modern feel to the entire building. I had a delicious gluten free dinner in the bar and the gluten free breakfast was one of the best I have come across. If I ever get back to Goteborg (Gothenburg) I would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
Tina K, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, Gothenburg, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2019

Dear ElsaCork,

We are delighted to read your lovely review. It is fantastic to hear that you enjoyed your stay a lot, and that our central location was convenient for you to explore the city. I am glad you found friendly staff everywhere and that you would like to come back to stay with us again. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed June 3, 2019 via mobile

Located just opposite of the bus and train station, and 2 min from Nordstaden shopping mall, the location of this hotel is great! The hotel itself is also nice, as it has recently refurbished it’s lobby area and rooms. The breakfast is good, but in busy weekends it is just too many guests for them to keep up with cleaning and filling up food. My only “complaint” is that when I kept my towel (as they ask their guests to do to help the environment), they still gave us new towels in addition to the used ones. No point in that. But I can absolutely recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear Nkind,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am glad our central location was convenient for you and that you think we have a nice hotel. We appreciate that you would recommend us to others and we hope to see you back as well!

Reviewed May 30, 2019 via mobile

We arrived in Gothenburg and had planned to stay in a rental home; however, it didn’t work out and we were scrambling for a place to accommodate 4 people. After reading reviews and making my own decision, I called and spoke with Rebecka at the front desk. After listening to me, she recommended the type of rooms and worked to get us in on very short notice. We couldn’t have been happier! And we absolutely loved our rooms! My husband and I had a corner suite with a separate living room and our teen kids had a superior deluxe room. The living room in our room was perfect to sit around the table and play cards and gave us plenty of comfortable seating with the sofa and chairs. We even got to watch the Stanley Cup Finals on the TV by hooking up our computer using a HDMI cable to the TV. I cannot stress enough how having this separate living room was perfect for our family.

The beds were amazing and comfortable. The room was tastefully decorated — modern and clean. There was a bottle of water every day on our nightstands. Lots of closet space.
There was a separate bathtub which was wonderful after long days of walking. The bathroom was large with an amazing rain shower head (great water pressure) and heated floors. Lots of vanity space to spread out my stuff. Robes and slippers were in the rooms for use. Lots of glasses for drinks. GREAT location and close to everything (trains, buses, attractions).

Only one downfall—I would have liked to have had a massage but they were fully booked on my two free days. Must be good!! But I did use the spa and it was wonderful! Truly a relaxing ambience with luxurious amenities. I forgot my bathing suit and you can buy one from them at a reasonable cost.

I would highly recommend this hotel. While I didn’t have much interaction with the staff, I sincerely thank Rebecka—because of her we had a wonderful stay in Gothenburg!

Trip type: Traveled with family
Tina K, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, Gothenburg, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2019

Dear hockeymom1827,

How lovely to read your wonderful review! Thank you for sharing your feedback and for choosing to stay with us during your visit to Gothenburg. I am glad you enjoyed your newly renovated Corner suite and that the kids liked their room too. Great to hear that you got to watch the Stanley Cup Finals on the TV in your room, and I hope the right team won as well. Please let us know if we can assist you with a new reservation for your next visit to Gothenburg, we hope to see you back!

Reviewed May 30, 2019

Great hotel, good food, nice rooms, good location, ...
I will definitely come back.
The new restaurant ‘Noot’ is also a good connection to the hotel.
Most parkings in the neighbourhood are quite expensive.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed May 30, 2019

I just got back from my first ever solo trip and I must say I was extremely impressed with the overall service from this hotel. I have never travelled by myself before and I decided to stay at the Radisson Blu because as a hotel chain they have a great reputation.
The hotel is located right across the road from central station with close transport links to the main strip Kungsportplatsen. I took an airport transfer coach right into the heart of the area. I arrived at the hotel just before 11am and I was allowed to check in earlier. The process was quick, easy and the reception staff were just as friendly. I was also given a map and was talked through how to find certain places.
My room was absolutely gorgeous. Clean, modern, comfortable and made me feel right at home. I had a dinning area, double bed, seat area, shower, mini fridge, iron, ironing board and hair dryer all within arms length. The rooms were peaceful and even when events were happening in the hotel, I was not disturbed by the noise.

The facilities lady for my room Caroline from Ghana was such a kind and lovely lady. My room was immaculate every time she cleaned it and she always greeted me with a smile.
I have stayed in many hotels around the world but this by far has to be one of the best. I stayed for three nights and my room included a buffet breakfast. Again,I had no complaints with breakfast as it had lots of variety for all. Fresh juice, pancakes, non pork options, fruits, you name it the breakfast buffet had it.
The hotel also had spa and fitness facilities located on site, they were not free. I booked myself a hot yoga class and used the pool facilities for about three hours. There was a mix up with my booking but the spa staff rectified it with quickness and waived the charges so I was able to use it for free.
The hotel staff, facilities, reception, waiters and bar staff were absolutely wonderful. As a Black woman travelling solo in Gothenburg, Sweden for the first time, the staff were welcoming and friendly. I felt respected, safe, heard and listened to during my time at the hotel. The staff even gave me a photoshoot lol. All of my needs were met and I was looked after very well. The Radisson went above and beyond for me. My departing taxi was booked for my flight home and I was even given a wake up call. I plan to write more about my experience soon, but it is safe to say that I will most definitely be back.

Room tip: Great for solo travellers
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Jennasworldview

Dear Jennasworldview,

It is fantastic to read your amazing review. I have already shared it with all our staff. Thank you especially for your kind words about Caroline from Housekeeping. We are proud to be one of the best hotels you have stayed in and so glad we could contribute to making your first visit to Gothenburg something special. We look forward to seeing you back and hope it will be soon!