1,860 results
All reviewscentral stationa business class roombreakfast buffetnespresso machinefitness centerstandard roombusiness tripperfect locationvery nice hotelhotel is locatedbusiness hotelfew minutes walkthe heart of the citygreat breakfastairport busyogurtvolvo
Reviewed February 7, 2007

Spent the weekend here and it was a great hotel. After staying in a few SAS hotels, this is by far the best. Frienld staff, conveniently located and a great breakfast.

Stayed: February 2007
2  Thank matho13
Reviewed January 29, 2007

I stayed on business in December for Three nights. finding the hotel is not a problem as it is just opposite the Central Station across the square and, close to the shopping malls of Gothenburg.
Checkin was swift and, helpful. I was checked into one of thier newly refurbished rooms on the First Floor facing the Street. very spacious, brightly coloured and, comfortable with everthing you need. Late night room service menu was limited but I tried the 'Specialty' of shrimp sandwich of which I was not disappointed piled high on bread, lettice and, hard boiled egg was a mountain of tiny juicy shimp in a mayonaise. simple but delicious. Only problem was when I turned my Laptop On I could not get the Free wireless. I called reception who suggested to wlak outside the room with the laptop to pickup the signal. i did this but the second I walked back into my room I lost it a again. I was quickly given another room, unrefurbished on the 5th floor which I was told was all that was available, this room looked onto the main atrium inside the building but the internet was working fine from this room which was more important. The room was tired but I am told soon to be refurbished as well. The bathrooms in both rooms were the same and, were indeed quite spacious. the amenities were unimpressive standard hotel issue but did the job.
The remainder of my stay was uneventful, wakeup calls were on time, was greeted by staff as I passed them in the hall. I had a moment and, asked if I could view one of the suites, a corner suite which was amazing! If I ever want to be lavish I would book one of these. Plunger bath next to the Bed, huge shower, and, of course Plasma.
I dined in the restaurant each day for breakfast which has a great selection of local food & bread and, of course being sweden some healthier options. The dinner menu in the restaurant and, through room service is very limited though and, not the most exciting but I did enjoy Elk while I was there.
My only critisim would be that the internet does not work very well on the street side rooms and, that the unrefurbished rooms Ironing board blocks the door when it is up. Otherwise this is a pleasant hotel in which I would stay again.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Phicus
Reviewed January 1, 2007

The Radisson is everything that you expect from a city centre business hotel. The location is right in the middle of the city, the rooms are clean and have all the standard facilities, the breakfast buffet has a wide selection of both hot and cold food. The staff are amongst the most efficient I have encountered anywhere. All in all you will have a faultless experience in this 4 star hotel.

It also offers good value for money - except if you park your car overnight (285 sek)!

This is an extremely well run formula hotel. Therefore do not expect to be thrilled, amazed or to remember this visit much beyond checkout. As they say 'it does what it says in the brochure'.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sorely_idle
Reviewed December 8, 2006

We stayed at the Radisson Nov.20 thru 23rd, room #484. The most comfortable beds on our tour [Barcelona and Paris]. We stayed as guests of Volvo and paid for an extra night. This is a very reasonable priced hotel compared to others in Europe, the best value for the money. Very large room with sofa and coffee table and extra chairs, desk and large storage area. Room was clean and quiet at night, we did not hear anyone.Large bathroom with heated towel racks which work great for hanging light laundry.

This is a 4 star hotel,the staff were helpful and there was no language barrier, They all speak english. Friendly staff and waiters in the resturant and the lounge. Volvo picked a great hotel to work with. I would book this hotel again on my own if I return to Gotenborg. Nice buffet breakfast was included with the package. Large atrium area in center of the hotel. Close to shopping and light rail, short walk to old Gotenborg.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled on business
3  Thank cbmopar
Reviewed November 18, 2006

I stayed at the SAS Radisson Hotel in Gothenburg on 17th and 18th November, 2006. I booked my stay through hotels.com and i got a great weekend rate.

I had booked a double room. The decor was excellent, from the minute you arrive in the impressive atrium area to the smallest detail in the hotel room.

The level of customer service was excellent, very polite and keen to live up to their "satisfaction guranteed... or you don't pay" statement.

I felt relaxed and valued as a customer.

I would definately recommend this hotel for a treat, it isn't cheap but is not expensive by comparison.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Willlondon