1,854 results
All reviewscentral stationa business class roombreakfast buffetnespresso machinefitness centerstandard roombusiness tripperfect locationvery nice hotelhotel is locatedfew minutes walkthe heart of the citygreat breakfastbusiness hotelairport busyogurtvolvo
Reviewed November 3, 2009

I stayed here for one night in October and I was pleased it wasn't more than that. I know Gothenburg well so booked this for its location, for a night out and luckily I didn't have to 'pay' for it as I used some air miles equivalent.

As soon as you come into the reception area you notice that the hotel is looking dated, very eighties, with lots of carpet everywhere and dodgy decor. The service at the reception desk was good but basic.

They advertise their rooms as being styled accordingly to Chilli, Urban and Ocean but our room was definitely neither. We were not impressed. It had cheap looking, scuffed lino on the floor, fake marble (=plastic) tops on the bedside tables and virtually no channels to choose from on the TV nor a radio. The beds were not comfortable with the most horrendous pillows. You'd also think that for a 4 star hotel, they would offer fresh or UHT milk with the coffee/tea making facilities in the room but there was only 'creamer'.
The hotel is built in a strange way, with most of the rooms around an inner (all under roof) cortyard so the room had no external window making it feel claustrophobic. Also, because the restaurant is at the bottom of this inner cortyard, the food smells rise up and permeate the hotel which adds to the cheap feel.
The bathroom was the worst. Dated, dirty, impractical. The shower curtain was grotty and the drains smelled. Even the toiletries were cheap and smelled badly.

Fortunately, at least the breakfast was the one redeeming feature which I can't complain about. There was plenty to choose from and it was fresh and tasty.

They also offer on their site and in their brochures as 'services for guests', a warm parking garage and a gym with pool. However, it turns out that the garage is £25 per night and you have to pay £10 to get into the gym.

I would not recommend this hotel nor will I stay there again. I was disappointed in the standard, expecting more of a four star hotel that apparently used to be the star of Gothenburg's hotel scene.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 2, 2009

This is probably the best hotel in Goteborg and Volvo put you up in it if you are picking up a car. The rooms are clean. The junior suites great. The people are quite friendly. Only two internet cards per room (so if you have an iphone and a couple of laptops, too bad). The meals are ok. Was surprised to see hookers in bar at night. Great location. Very well insulated to sound. Very nice attached fitness club (which opens real late on weekends)

Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 11, 2009

I stayed three nights at the SAS Radisson Goteborg during a business trip. There's really nothing to complain about. The location is excellent, less than five minutes walk from the main train station and airport bus, and less tyan 10 minutes from the ferries. The old town, lots of restaurants, and the main sites are walking distance. My room was large clean and comfortable, the staff was friendly, the price was reasonable for Scandinavia, and the breakfast buffet was tasty and copious. The gym is excellent, one of the best I've seen a hotel, but you do have to pay the equivalent of about 10 euros to use it. There's an indoor pool but it's not very large. The saunas are divided by gender, so don't come with any Swedish fantasies. The hotel advertises wi-fi but my laptop was having a problem so I never could test it. The only thing that's regrettable is that the hotel looks and feels like a suburban American hotel, with the same atrium design, red carpeted halls, and chrome railings. Some of the bathroom fixtures were also a bit dinky, but that's being picky. All in all, a very reliable solid hotel for both business and tourism.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed September 27, 2009

This hotel is modern and clean with very nicely furnitured rooms. The room we got was perhaps one of the best we stayed in. The breakfast is excellent. However internet on the room was supposed to be included in the rate, but our room had no access at all. A bit disappointing when everything else was pretty much perfect. Noone told us about this but we rather had to find out ourselves. The hotel is a short walk from the central parts of the city and just a few hundred meters from the central station.

Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed September 6, 2009

We got a great deal online for this quite lavish hotel. Check-in was quick and efficient, our room clean and comfortable and the buffet breakfast was generous and tasty. While it would have been nice to have a room with a view (ours looked into the hotel's atrium), we couldn't fault it for the price! Very happy.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends