3 people are viewing this hotel
Expedia.com$116
Hotels.com$116
Travelocity$116
4,661 results
All reviews rooftop pool central station nice hotel the location is perfect breakfast buffet is shopping mall business trip the breakfast area nice breakfast city postal volvo sweden conference sek design goteborg
Selected filters
Reviewed October 3, 2017

The Clarion Hotel Post has much going for it: as central a location as you can find; a friendly, informed, and helpful staff; excellent restaurants; a rooftop swimming pool; and much more.
The rooms are sober, to say the least. Standard and Deluxe (!) rooms are minuscule closets and no chests of drawers: there wasn't even enough room for one person's underwear, let two people with unusual things like shirts, trousers, blouses, dresses, etc. Superior rooms are better. (I did not see a room in the modern addition.)

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Jasmin J, Guest Relations at Clarion Hotel Post, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2017

Dear Panajody,

Happy to hear that you were well treated and liked the staff, restaurants & rooftop pool.
We do apologize however that we did not meet all your expectations during your stay us at Clarion Hotel Post. Your views and thoughts are vital to us, and will be presented to the management at Post in order to improve

Reviewed October 3, 2017

I had stayed in this hotel twice and both the times it was a wonderful experience. The staff had always been very polite and helpful. Beautiful and classy rooms, Clean and hygienic bathrooms and bath products, Perfect location as it is located in central station and the best part about this hotel is the "BREAKFAST". One must never miss a single day of the lavish breakfast. Lastly I would say I had traveled to several countries but this hotel is my favorite out of all the hotels in the world within my budget.

Room tip: Building 3 has good rooms
Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Jasmin J, Guest realtions at Clarion Hotel Post, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2017

Dear surbhi_520,

Thank you for your review. It pleases me and all my colleagues that you had a pleasant stay with us. I wil immediately forward your warm words to the rest of the staff at the Clarion Post .

Again thank you for sharing your experience and your kind recommendation. Its highly appreciated. Look forward seeing you all soon again.

Reviewed October 2, 2017

We stayed at this property for one night upon arrival in Sweden, and it was part of our Volvo Overseas Delivery package. I’d messaged the hotel earlier to let them know that we would be arriving early (our flight from the US landed at 10:25) and they said they’d try to get us a room. When we arrived, they had indeed secured us a room which was nice so we could take showers and freshen up after a long flight, before walking around Gothenberg to keep ourselves awake! We were planning to spend some time at the rooftop pool but it was closed for renovations. I really wish hotels would let their guests know in advance when things like this happen so you can manage yours (and your kids) expectations.

The bed was very comfortable, the bathroom large (even a bathtub!), the amenities (shampoo, etc) were luxuries, and the design features were very nice. The lobby was beautiful. The included breakfast was one of the most generous I’ve ever experienced.

We didn’t need to use the train, but it’s worth noting that the Central Station is right across the street if you do need access to it. We walked across the other direction to the neighboring park and spent our afternoon there. It had lots of lovely green space and a nice playground for a son to burn some energy after sitting in a plane for hours.

All in all, a nice evening and if I needed to stay longer in Gothenberg (instead we drove the next day to Stockholm in our new Volvo), I would have been likely to do it at this property.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Angela837

Dear Angela837,

Thank you, that you have taken of your time to write about us here at Trip Adviser.

We are happy to hear that you liked the hotel, staff and food service. Warm words which I shall share with the rest of the Clarion post Team. We are continuously working with improving our service level. So it is with a great pleasure to hear that the help you got during your stay was up to standard.
Please do not hesitate to contact me again should you ever pass by Clarion post again.

Reviewed October 2, 2017

Very polite staff, excellent location, very clean, very good and delicious breakfast. Interesting architecture and combination of vintage and modern stile, nice lobbie bar with cosy spots and books for reading

Review collected in partnership with NordicChoiceHotels.com

Dear

Thank you for a Great review.. Happy to read that you liked our beautifully redone posthouse and that you enjoyed our staff. I promise I will send your coments to the rest of the post team.

Reviewed October 1, 2017

The reception was friendly and helpful. Had an early check in upon arrival after a long flight. Had quality time for great quality rest.
People are friendly and amenities was great.
Thank you for a great stay.

Review collected in partnership with NordicChoiceHotels.com

Dear BFKay,

Thankful for staying with us and your contribution to the many travelers who would like to find out more about the Clairon Hotel PostHope to welcome you back in the near future.