Spar Hotel Garda
$106
$103
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Scandic No. 25(Gothenburg)(Great Value!)
$147
Hotel Royal Gothenburg(Gothenburg)
$135
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscity centrebusy highwaynice hotelshort stayullevi stadiumparking garagecentral stationpublic transportationwifi connectionstayed here for nightsgreat breakfastcomfortable bedscrambled eggsbreakfast buffetmotorwaytramnoise
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Considering what we paid for a nights stay I think this is a amazing hotel. The hotel is quite central tram station a three minute walk from the hotel or grab a taxi from Central station for 100Kr. The hotel was renovated in 2012, so the rooms were in great condition. The freeway which is just outside is not an issue we did not hear it or took any notice of it. What did bother me was that the pillow, so I would recommend that you ask for an extra pillow.

The complimentary breakfast was fine, not amazing but it was fresh. My only disappointment was the waffle maker which took forever so I never got to eat a waffle. But if you are looking for a hotel that is in a good price range, central and clean you cannot go wrong here.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We chose this hotel for a family trip to Gothenburg for some hockey and the christmas market in Liseberg.

The location is both good and bad, as strange as that may sound. The immediate surroundings of the hotel are rather tragic, with nothing to see do, and a large road just outside the door. The good thing about the location was of course the fact that it's not too long to walk to some of the locations we wanted. I'd probably pay a bit more in order to get even closer next time, though.

The room was small, but ok. I was however not very pleased to find the litter of the previous residents in the lockers etc... Breakfast was also ok, but there were long lines of people waiting for bacon, eggs, etc. (as they ran out) so that could also be better.

So: ok hotel, especially if you want a budget hotel and if you're not planning on staying much at the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Henrik S
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Went to Gothenburg for the Christmas markets and was looking for a hotel not too far from the centre. We found this one - very reasonable rates, included (an amazing!) breakfast, close to centre.
The room was great-clean, comfortable, warm, the only thing missing was a kettle to make tea with! But the bar had facilities to make your own tea/coffee cheaply.
The staff at reception were lovely, really friendly and helpful.
Close enough to walk to the centre, though there is a tram stop nearby as well.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Spent a couple of nights there and wasn’t disappointed. The room was clean and spacious enough, the wi-fi had a good signal (and is free), the bed was comfy. The location was fine for us and a 2 minute walk from the nearest tram station.

A couple of especially good things about this hotel: In the basement there is a Table Tennis table, Pool table and Spa. The games tables are free to use and in good condition (pool table slopes slightly but is a championship size American pool table). I didn’t use the Spa facilities but I did take a look in there and it was very nice. Also a nice touch is that when the bar is closed you are still able to by beers from the reception desk.

The only two minor negatives I could mention are that when I booked a couple of months ago I had requested a room not on the road side of the hotel and I made that request again upon check-in but they were unable to accommodate. However we did not experience any disturbance from the road noise during our stay. Secondly there is no coffee/tea making facilities in the room however I believe complimentary coffee was available from the bar downstairs. So really these are minor points.

If I return to Gothenburg I would return to this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 27, 2012

This was a £15 taxi journey from the centre of Gothenburg, next to a main road, which handles quite heavy commuter traffic each morning. The hotel has a small intimate feel with a bar, bar food and also a games room, and a health suite, including a sauna.
The rooms are very small, but a very practical, with an even smaller bed, not sure how all these tall Scandinavians could sleep in it, but I found it surprisingly comfortable.
My only real complaint was the smell of drains coming from my bathroom, this seems to happen a lot in these budget hotels, it wasn’t a serious problem, but there was a definite smell of sewage venting into the room.

Room Tip: Select a room at the rear of the hotel:
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business