“Great location”

Scandic Europa Gothenburg
Ranked #30 of 67 Hotels in Gothenburg
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Spent some days here during easterholliday. Nice room,very Nice staff and great location. One step out the door and you are in Nordstad mall. Here u can find anything u wanna shop.
Only thing i missed in the room was either a coffee maker or a waterheater coz u have to buy yr coffee in the reception if u want a coffe during the day.
Very Nice breakfastbufet that had a lot of cold and warm options

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Jakob W, Manager at Scandic Europa Gothenburg, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Hello AnjaHelene

Thank you very much for your feedback. I am very glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay at Scandic Europa and the we met your expectations. I hope that you are planning to return within the coming months to experience the new Scandic Europa, the entire renovation is finished in October, however, there's plenty of exciting things happening before then.

I wish you a great 17th of May and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

Great location opposite Central Station & adjacent to a Mall with stores & fast food places but easy to get further afield. Clean on arrival but housekeeping very lax. No vacuuming or clean mugs for our entire 3 night say. The only service was emptying bin & clean towels.

Stayed: April 2014
Jakob W, Manager at Scandic Europa Gothenburg, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Dear Lellycancan

Thank you very much for the time taken to review your stay at Scandic Europa. I am pleased that you find the location ideal, however it is apparent that we have failed in delivering an adequate service in regards to the cleaning of your room during your stay. I will look into this matter and discuss with my colleagues. I hope that you will be able to return to Scandic Europa in the near future so you may experience our new restaurant, bar and lobby.

Jakob W

Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

Hotel is on good Location. Thay have category 4* but this hotel is Just good 3* hotel. Thay dont have bar, thay dont have mini bar In the room. I Travel a lot but this is first time that i dont have towel to put on the floor In bathroom. This is my first and the last time In this hotel.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Jakob W, Manager at Scandic Europa Gothenburg, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Dear Tomislav

Thank you very much for your time taken to revert to us with feedback regarding your last stay with us. It is apparent that have failed to meet your expectations which is highly unfortunate.

We will bring your valuable comments with us as areas of improvement and hope to be able to welcome you back to Scandic Europa in the near future so you may experience our new bar and restaurant that will open during early autumn 2014.

Jakob W

Reviewed February 4, 2014

If you want to be close to the mall and dont need public transportation to go to main restaurants, this is a good option.
The lobby and restaurant needs some updates, since it is quite old. SOme of the rooms (I dont know if all) had been improved/renewed.
Breakfast with many options

Room Tip: Wnat a good view, ask for a room in front of Cental Station
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Jakob W, Manager at Scandic Europa Gothenburg, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your views about Scandic Europa.

With regards to the restaurant and lobby area I am pleased to inform that we will unveil the new Scandic Europa shortly that will most definetely contribute to a very positive impresison once you return.

I hope that you have continued faith in our hotel and that we will be able to welcome you back shortly so you may experience our great hotel.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

I booked this hotel for a 1 night stay in Gothenburg on Expedia, based on the hotel and flights being £150 (my budget), the reviews were all ok for it, but based on it being at the lower end of the price range I did not really have very high expectations.
It was opposite the train terminal (which I did know), so it is in an ideal location, also is attached to the shopping centre. Lovely fresh clean room, comfy bed, tea and coffee making and a view of the city. Really nice breakfast.
My only slightly negative comment was that the pool and sauna was due to close at 10pm on a Saturday, I got ready and went down at 9pm to find it shut. Not a massive problem really.
So all in all I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo

Thank you very much for your great review of Scandic Europa.

It is always a pleasure to receive encouraging feedback which we proudly take with us for the future. I am sure that you will be even more positively surprised when you return and experience the new and refurbished Scandic Europa.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

Nice hotel with a good location close to the central train station and inside the heart of Gothenburg. I hotel is being renovated in parts although this did not really cause an issue and I feel the hotel looked after the guests well during this time. The room was a good size with everything you need. I felt the room and the corridor to the room to be dirty, I noticed a French fry under the lounge from the previous guest and it remained there for the duration of my stay which was 3 days even though the room was "apparently" cleaned daily, the corridor leading from the lift to the room was also very dirty and it looked like it had not been cleaned during my entire stay. Generally a good hotel although Management need to work with the house keeping team to increase the standards. I would return to this hotel again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Thank you very much for your feedback and time taken to highlight some obvious mistakes on our part.
It is unfortunate to read that we have been lacking in attention with regards to the cleanliness. However, i am pleased to also learn that you found the hotel pleasant from other perspectives. Nevertheless, we have adressed the issues and are following up with our routines and i am certain that we will be able to avoid similar embarrasing flaws in the future.

I hope we will be able to welcome you back within the near future.

Reviewed December 21, 2013

Strange room cleaning. Glasses not change, tower not well put on the support again, bed badly redo. I have alerted the reception but they explain it was the new standard. Never see that in an hotel.
The good point is that the Quality responsible has wrote me and will discuss with the direction about this new standard.

Stayed: December 2013
Jakob W, Manager at Scandic Europa Gothenburg, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Thank you very much for highlighting the issues during your last stay with us.

It appears as if we have faulted in our communication regarding the cleaning standards, kindly rest assured that our procedures are according to Scandic policies. I apologize for any inconvenience caused during your stay with us and i hope to be able to welcome you back to Scandic Europa within the near future.