“Lovely Hotel”

Ranked #62 of 67 Hotels in Gothenburg
Stockholm
“Lovely Hotel”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I stayed at this place for just 2 days and three nights, with my parents. Hotel is nice; rooms are big and well-appointed with necessary things freeze, air conditioners, etc. Bathrooms were big and ventilated. Staff is efficient in every way and friendly. The kitchen is large and they offered my mother to cook, the way she likes. It was nice of them and I ate breakfast of my choice. We were welcomed by the smiling staff and check in went very smooth, although we reached 15 minutes earlier. I will visit this place once with my friends also

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Reviewed August 12, 2012

This hostel advertises as being located i central Gothenburg, but in reality it's only close to Liseberg (the amusement park).
The staff were unfriendly and rude.
Everything costs extra and if you happen to be there at a time when there is somekind of event och high season in Gothenburg, be sure to book everything in advance (even luggage storage for the day!)
The bathrooms were very dirty, damp and their ceilings even looked moldy.
We won't be going back.

• Stayed August 2012

Travelers are raving about these Gothenburg hotels

United Kingdom
Reviewed December 17, 2011

I've just returned from a 2 day city break in Gothenburg. I had a tight budget so staying somewhere cheap yet relatively central was high on the agenda. I was also going to visit Liseberg Christmas Market and this youth hostel is literally a 5 minute walk from the Liseberg's South entrance. I also read the previous review of this youth hostel which noted that luggage couldn't be left there after check out, so made sure I took a backpack instead of a small carry-on suitcase to avoid having to trundle about with it the following day. I contacted the youth hostel in advance to check this particular issue, which is indeed the current position.
The youth hostel is easy to get to. Just take the No4 tram (direction Molndal) from the centre and get off at Getebergsang (which takes about 10 minutes), cross over to the right side of the road and walk about 300 yards - it does have a sign outside. The reception is lightly manned, and has limited opening hours so make sure you arrive during opening hours (check their website). To be fair I stayed there in December and it was almost empty. I paid 380 Kronar (About £38) for one night in the dormitory, with sheets and towel hire included. Breakfast would have been an extra 80 Kronar but I decided to have breakfast in a cafe downtown rather than at the youth hostel. As it turned out, I had an 8 bed dormitory all to myself which was a bonus. The room comprised of 4 bunk beds. The bed was rather hard because the mattress is a bit thin and it rests on a solid wooden slat underneath. The curtains were not black-out ones and because the area outside the window was completely illuminated by street lighting, the room was very light at night and I woke up quite frequently during the night as a result. If the youth hostel reads this review, I hope they take this recommendation on board as I did not have the best night sleep as a result.

The hostel has a dining area, kitchen, comfortable living area with a large screen television and its clean and warm. The bathrooms are clean, but tired looking and could do with a bit of an re-fit. You are given a card pass which is your entry to the youth hostel and your dorm room and the place felt quite secure. Its fine for a couple of nights but I probably wouldn't stay here for longer than that. The lady who worked there was very helpful and courteous and phoned Liseberg to check it was open that night as the weather was terrible (it was!). There is a supermarket nearby, but its a Netto one (if you're from the UK, Netto is similar to Aldi and Lidl) and has quite a limited selection of fresh food. Most of it comprises of dry foods and cakes galore. It was a handy place to buy some water, fruit juice and some headache tablets though. Overall, its a reasonable place to stay but I wouldn't really stay there for more than a couple of nights.

Room Tip: If you're staying in the dormitory, bring some black-out eye shades with you as the room is very...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
London
Reviewed December 12, 2010

My friend and I decided to stay here because we were attending a concert at the Scandinavium which is in walking distance. The twin room was small but nice and very clean. Bathrooms were satisfactory and there were lots of them. The kitchen was nice and there was a nice lounge area next to it. The dining room was very nice, as nice as many restaurants. The breakfast was buffet style and was fine, depending on tastes. The coffee was excellent. The hostel was well located and a short tram ride from the bus/train terminals. I liked the hostel and the atmosphere was nice. My only complaint is the fact they do not permit you to leave your luggage for collection later, if you are checking out on a Sunday. I was there for a weekend and had lots planned for the Sunday. However, we had to drag our cases through the snow and where the snow was too deep, we had to carry them. Our flight didn't leave until 9.30 pm and it was a very long and tiring day, doing sightseeing in the snow, and dragging our cases behind us. I believe the hostel should inform people on their website that luggage cannot be left on Sundays, because if they had, I would have chosen another place to stay.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends