“Best ribs ever”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Sandnes, Norway
“Best ribs ever”
Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

Food and service was fantastic. We will be back. The mango and jalapeno rib was excellent. Steak mayby a little bit overcooked, but overall very good.

1 Thank Hjalla

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Excellent food”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Having come to Gothenburg, I wasn't expecting to eat chicken wings followed by Zebra, but here I am writing about it.

Not odd, I suppose, but as a tourist, eating in a Kiwi restaurant whilst in Sweden wasn't the original plan.

That said, I had a zebra steak that was cooked exactly as requested, and what I thought was excellent quality (admittedly, my knowledge of zebra steaks is limited, but it was cooked as ordered and came across as a lean steak with a slightly different flavour, which seemed about right!). My gf had the venison and said it was excellent too (the bite i was allowed had me agreeing).

Service was good, (if possibly some longer than expected delays at some points), and the wine was fine. As with most things in Gothenburg, it wasn't cheap (relative to the UK), but it was comparably cheaper than other options in the vicinity.

Well worth a try, even if not the 'Swedish experience' you might be in Gothenburg for.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank James A
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Never thought I'd eat Kangaroo in Sweden!”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

After doing a bit of research before our trip to Gothenburg, put this down as a place that was well worth visiting and it did not disappoint! Was unsure about trying Kangaroo beforehand but if you're reading this and are considering it, go for it! It was incredible, and the garlic butter goes perfectly with it. My girlfriend had a burger and we shared nachos for a starter. The quality of the food was great, the service was friendly and fast and even though the menu isn't cheap, you pay for what you get - one of the best steakhouse meals we've ever had the pleasure of enjoying. Thoroughly recommended!

P.S. Also recommend the local beer!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank TrickyDicky89
Gothenburg, Sweden
“Quality food and service.”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We had the new zealand organic aged steak... I was soooo yummy! I can't afford to go to restaurants often so when I do go I'm usually quite picky. Also I'm English so used to much cheaper restaurants.... but I was very happy with the price for the quality of the meat, local beers and very friendly helpful service. It was a treat.... and felt like it for once! :)

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Sara M
“Great food, atmosphere and staff”
Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

We just kept returning here - three times over five days! The meat is excellent, the appetizers are delicious, great wine and cocktails, good music, friendly and competent staff. We love that the food is well prepared, with great ingredients that don't get "lost" in sauces and weird combinations, and without being too fancy about it. Do try the mac&cheese as a side, it's much more than your ordinary mac&cheese!
If we ever return to Gothenburg, we would definitely come back again.

Visited September 2013