Scandic No. 25
Scandic Rubinen(Gothenburg)
$100
$95
  • Breakfast included
Spar Hotel Garda(Gothenburg)(Great Value!)
$128
$183
$139
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
All reviewstrain trackscentral stationhotel situatedsmall roomexcellent breakfastcity centreshort staydecent hotelwithin walking distancebeds were comfortableyogurtnice staymini barbusiness tripscrambled eggsfamily roomnoise
Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is in the perfect location in Gothenburg. It is 5 minute walk from the Central Station (where airport bus leaves/arrives from) and walking distance to most of Gothenburg's fabulous sites. The rooms were fine, clean and simple with a good sized shower in the ensuite. The best thing about this hotel is the wonderful breakfast - ranging from traditional continental, hot food, pancakes, desserts, fruit station, cereals, granola, freshly squeezed juices and much more. Perfect start to a day walking around the city. The waiting staff were also incredibly nice and attentive. Will definitely recommend to friends and family

Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed April 18, 2014

I care about breakfast, and I really enjoy it when I get a delicious hotel breakfast. This hotel served me the best breakfast I have gotten so far in Sweden. I just loved it. I loved the service, the freshly prepared dishes, the quality of the food, the fruit salad, the freshly squeezed grapefruit juice, etc. Yum! I also had a lovely decorated room on the top floor. The window was facing the railway, and I could hear the trains from my room, but it didn’t actually bother me when going to sleep. Only thing I missed in my room was a writing desk to do some work in the evening. The hotel is just a 5 minute walk from the railway station.

I would definitely come back to this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Nemi_42
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Usually when traveling in Norden I have tended to frequent Scandic based on the fact I know what to expect and the breakfast is usually excellent. But after getting an offer in the mail for a room at almost half the normal price it seemed crazy not to try something a bit better.

Overall this hotel exceeded my expectations. The check-in girl was friendly and efficient and everything was as expected with the booking. On arriving we found the lobby to be cozy with a live fire and well decorated in the spirt of christmas. We had driven from Malmö and arrived quite late in the evening - to find a brew of hot glögg and peppakakor was really a nice touch.

The room is small, but fully equipped with everything from a flat screen TV to a minibar. Our room had a fantastic view over Göteborg Central station - which brings me to my next point - location. This hotel is located just behind the station, a perfect location in other words. We drove up, and parking was a bit of a hassle for which you have two options: pay the hotel 225k per 24hrs for garage parking or you can try your luck on the street where the prices vary from 2kr/hour to 30kr/hour depending on where you park and the time/day. If you can avoid taking the car and take the train this hotel has even more appeal.

Bed was extremely comfortable and despite the vicinity to Göteborg C, we heard no noise from outside. The bathroom has a fantastic big shower (spacious with good pressure) but a few small gripes here: the shower doors didn't close properly resulting in water on the floor .. and while I give kudos for hotel not using disposable soap/shampoo containers, the wall-mounted dispensers were kinda useless.

The breakfast exceeded Scandic quality and the fresh pancakes were a special treat as well as freshly made smoothies in shot glasses The dining area is very cozy in a rustic kind of way but perhaps a little small on the verge of being crowded - but hey, I like my space, especially in the morning. But this was a minor. The breakfast was A-grade.

Staff throughout were friendly. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. I heard that Scandic have now purchased Rica Hotels - lets hope they don't Scandify this too much and keep some of the charm.

Room Tip: Higher floor gives great views of Göteborg
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Enjoyed a brief stay on a cheap flight to Gothenburg with my older sister.

Hotel was warm and very welcoming - staff very helpful and engaging. Enjoyed having a glass of wine sitting enjoying the cosy lobby area - very Christmassy.

Rooms were adequate - two singles that were comfy, and a table with small tv - we overlooked the train lines, but they weren't noisy and we were too tired after sightseeing to stare out the window so it mattered little.

Beds very comfy - and a wet room bathroom was good too to heat up after the cold wintry day.

Breakfasts are fab buffet style... bacon butties as big as houses, if you like!

There is a supermarket in the road behind the hotel, so worthwhile stocking up on soft drinks there as its soooooo expensive here.

Took a trip to the local theme park to look round the Christmas stalls. People are friendly and it seemed a safe town to walk around at night.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back may be quieter as trains run at the front, but no real problem for us.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Stayed here for a two day business trip. The hotel is situated close to the central station where the airport shuttle stops. I arrived at midnight after a long travel, pretty tired and a bit confused - the receptionist noticed my pain and he really took care of me. The room was well equipped (large flat screen TV, mini-bar) but pretty narrow. I guess I have never had a hotel room without cabinet before. Just a small space behind the mirror, sufficient to put some underwear and 2-3 hangers. Modern bathroom setting, and relatively spacy compared to the actual room. Breakfast buffet was extraordinarily nice - great choice of almost everything, superb food quality. The hotel is rather small, airs familiar athmosphere. If my room was bigger, I would have rated my experience five stars.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Katerle
Helena_hallberg, General Manager at Scandic No. 25, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2013

Dear Katerie
Thankyou very much for writing a review from your stay with us.
We hope to see you soon again.

Best Regards,