“very nice experience”
Review of Scandic No. 25

Scandic No. 25
Ranked #27 of 67 Hotels in Gothenburg
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Very friendly personal, Fantastic Breakfast, good bed, nice room, easy and close to Railway station and close to centrum.
The neaberhood is not the most beautifull or you should love the trains.
Gothenburg is fantastic. it is a clean city and plenty of possabilities to shop, park walk, easy public transport, clean adn nice buildings.

Room Tip: Ask a room at the back side. these are quite rooms, the vieuw over the railway station on the front...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Very service minded personnel, and very effective. The rooms are smaller than average in the Nordic, but clean and cosy. My room was silent. Breakfast was healthy and good. The hotel has a central location

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Stayed here for the 3rd time in 5 years and every time it gets better. This time the lobby was re-styled and now modern and cosy. The breakfast-location was improved as well.

Rooms are small but modern. You will find a double-bed, a chair and very limited walking space. To be honest, a 2-persoon room is good for 1, but a bit too small for 2.

The room was warm, all my friends felt the same about this. Turn down the floor-heating in the bathroom to 16 degrees, open the windows (for safety-reasons they open just about 4 inches). I slept well though, without a blanket.

Peculiar: in the room you will find a booklet informing you on how to relax and what to do if you can't sleep.....

Breakfast is one of the best I can imagine. I will come back here.

Room Tip: Street side is a bit noisy but gives you good views. If you like the sound of trains, this is where...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We stayed here a weekend in April, and we got a good price on Coop hotellkupp (norwegian), we upgraded our room and we got a room with an extra "livingroom"- we didn't accually use this room a lot, but if you are more then one couple or a familiy travelling together, there was another room connected to this "livingroom" so that you could share the space. The bathroom, tv and beds were very good. The breakfast had a good selection, but not in the bread department, some of it was a little dry, the rolls very big a not a lot of choise if you wanted something wholegrain. The hotel is close to the trainstation, but we were not bothered by it, we even slept with the window open (in the "livingroom"). They have spaces at a parking garage just up the street, whitch was ok, it was not so easy to open the garrage door. The hotel is not very centrally located, you have to walk a couple of minutes before you reach Nordstan, but the distances are not thet great in Gothenburg.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 28, 2013

When I arrived at the hotel after walking from the centralstation I became aware that the hotelarea didn`t look that promising. The entrance to the hotel were straight opposite the railway/tram and next to a motorbikegarage. Well inside the hotel the woman at the desk was very serviceminded and I hoped the position of the hotel didn`t mather that much.
I got room nr 115 and it was a superior room next to the stairs in first floor. The room itself was allright but the view was terrible. Outside the window I was stearing at a wall in a backyard. Very early I noticed a small shaking of the room and a noise that came every other five-ten minutes. It must have been the tram right outside the hotel.

The sink was leaking, the choice of channels was poor. On the positive note there was to small bottes of cava and some pieces of chocholate.

The worst thing I become aware of while trying to get some sleep. The pillows was terrible. Probably the worst pillows I`ve ever had. And it didn`t stop there. The room next door was very noisy with dogs barking (!) and a couple who seemed to be arguing well into the night. I was very surprises to find out that this was a hotel who accepted pets and that includes dogs obviously. What I didn`t understand was why the hotel gave me a room next to one with two dogs. They should have seperated ordinary customers with those who had dogs and other potentially noisy pets.

The breakfast was very average at best. The choice of food was pretty poor.
The second night I requested other pillows and it was much better than the night before but the couple with the dogs kept me awake until 3 am.

Previous I `ve been at First hotel Avalon, First hotel G and Scandic Opalen and Rica Hotel No 25 was far the worst hotel. Avalon is miles better.

My tip for you is to find another hotel than this. You can do much better.

Room Tip: I do not recommend room nr 115.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank olekristian050
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I stayed two nights here, on a business trip. It took some research to find a hotel within my budget in the right location, and because the rate was so reasonable compared to other hotels I looked into I wasn't sure what to expect. There was nothing to worry about.

The loction is very convenient to the station, which is half an hour from Landvatter airport by shuttle.
The room was a resonable size with a very comfortable bed and a generous-sized very modern bathroom with walk-in shower - and a proper hair dryer! Although my room faced the railway lines, there was no noise.

The breakfast is inviting and generous, the staff lovely and friendly, and the decor is cosy and quirky and the whole experience was very positive.

Breakfast is served from 6.30, and on the day I checked out I was leaving earlier than that. When I mentioned this the night before I was offered a take-away breakfast which was ready when I came down to reception in the morning. Breakfast was being set up in the dining room and I was invited to help myself to anything else I wanted to add.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I stayed here as part of a short business trip. The price was good and whilst my colleagues stayed in the much grander post hotel this was perfect for me and only 5 minutes away from the station.

Despite its proximity to the station and tracks it was quite. My room was right next to the lift but the sound proofing seems very effective.

The room was not huge but a good size. The bathroom was clean and spacious.

Breakfast was very good with plenty of choice and and the best scrambled eggs Ive ever had. Good plate of them with some of the smoked salmon sets you up for the day !

All my dealings with the staff were friendly and efficient and the whole hotel seems to have a great atmosphere far better than its bigger soulless rivals.

Two minor gripes:- there was no plug for the sink....great to stop flooding but awkward to shave.

The ironing room on the 3rd floor is fine but the iron is small and not a steam one... disappointing in such a nice hotel.

Other than that perfect for a short trip to Gothenburg.

Room Tip: 416- no view from the window but close to the lift and quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business