Elite Plaza Hotel Goteborg
Hotel Robinson(Gothenburg)
  • Restaurant
Hotel Pigalle(Gothenburg)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsbishops armspillow menuenglish pubturn down servicestar hoteldeluxe roombeautiful hotelblackout curtainslate checksmall roombeautiful roomthe ground floornatural lightbed was comfortablefantastic staygreat barreception staff
Reviewed April 18, 2014

The room I had had recently been renovated and was comfortable, but BEWARE there is a discotheque on the backside of the hotel which will keep you up weekends and end of the week late - best to be avoided by specifically requesting a room elsewhere in the hotel. At the FRONT of the hotel you have the tram lines which will keep you awake early. So not the best unless you're lucky with the room choice! Management gave me a different room in the middle of the night, but it's disappointing all the same and I'll stay elsewhere next time

Room Tip: See review - stay away from the back (disco) and front (trams) and go for the internal rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Beautiful hotel. I was lucky to get upgraded as well. Comfortable bed, flatscreen TV, minibar, free mineral water. Excellent breakfast. Perfect location.
The only negative thing was that the room was very warm, which made it difficult to sleep.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 9, 2014

I arrived at the hotel as a weary traveler with a backpack on my back. I was nervous because the reception desk was very fancy and I was very early (10:00 am). I was more than pleasantly surprised at the friendliness of the receptionists. They kindly took my information and then offered to let me check in early. It was such VIP treatment for a worn-out looking character such as myself. The room was glorious. The entry was fabulous, with artwork hanging everywhere. I especially liked the Christo drawings. The wifi was a bit weak, but in a hotel as nice as this you shouldn't spend time staring at a screen. There was street construction around the hotel which would make things difficult if you had a car. The breakfast was an incredible array of fresh and cooked items. I ate in the restaurant the next day and it was delicious. Again, the Elite Plaza's customer service was first class!

Room Tip: chose a room depending on where the street construction is not.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I stayed at this property from the 19th to the 22nd of March '14.

Arrived at the hotel at 23.00hrs only to be told that one instead of two rooms had been booked for us. I presented a hotel voucher which clearly stated that 2 units were booked however, the receptionist / night manager insisted that only one room was available as the hotel was full and that we were not entitled for a second room. After 30 minutes of arguing, the receptionist advised that the situation was what it was and he could do nothing else for us. We took the initiative to call the emergency number of our tour operator abroad from one of our mobile phones and after the tour operator spoke to the receptionist from our mobile phone, we were all of a sudden given the second room with no further ado. Unfortunately it took nearly another 45 minutes on our mobile phone at an overseas cost to finally get sorted! No apologies from the receptionist for the hotel manager during our stay for what seems to be a mistake made by the hotel.

I booked two superior twin rooms for single use as I know that usually single city hotel rooms are tiny and indeed, the superior twin room I was allocated was not large either. I do understand however that room sizes vary at this property. Besides the size of the room, the decor of the superior room was nice, and all amenities one would expect were present. Two things which I did not like were the heating which for my taste was too cold and the fact that there was no shower tray which takes some getting used to till one stops flooding the bathroom floor with water. The sink in the bathroom was clogged something I believe the maids should have reported prior to new guests checking in. I advised reception about the heating and the sink. A heater was sent up immediately and the sink was unblocked. So immediate action was taken which I appreciated.

The breakfast offered the basic items with a small choice of cold cuts and hot items. Coffee is self service from a machine. Waitresses in the breakfast room where very nice and friendly.

The bar is small but cosy and the bar staff very friendly.

Our pick up from the hotel was at 04.14hrs. We were not offered any tea / coffee prior to leaving which would have been appreciated especially since no tea/coffee making facilities are offered in the room. If this was available then it was not offered to us.....

Location was great. Only a few walking minutes from the center and five minutes by taxi from the exhibition center.

Positives:

Restaurant morning staff very friendly and helpful.
Bar staff very friendly and helpful.
Requests dealt with efficiently.
Location very central.

Negatives:

Reception staff not too friendly and this is the only department which would not let me say that the service in the hotel in general is excellent.
Room was cold.
No shower tray in bathroom.
No early breakfast / tea or coffee for early departures.
A tram service runs through most of the night.

Room Tip: A tram service runs through most of the night which can be a bit noisy if you have a window to the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

My 1st time staying in an Elite Hotel. Room was fantastic. Bed was established sleep I have had in a long time. Room had true blackout curtains. Room temp great for sleeping not to hot not to cold and not dry. Awesome breakfast and supper staff. I shall return.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business