Elite Plaza Hotel Goteborg
Hotel Robinson(Gothenburg)
  • Restaurant
Hotel Pigalle(Gothenburg)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsbishops armspillow menuenglish pubturn down servicestar hoteldeluxe roombeautiful hotelblackout curtainslate checksmall roombeautiful roomthe ground floornatural lightbed was comfortablefantastic staygreat barreception staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We recently stayed here as a night away from the children, and we chose the hotel due to the reviews on trip advisor. When we arrived we were given a room on the first floor, the room was great carpeted, great size, Queen bed, nice bathroom. However as they were digging up the street at the front we were concerned that where we were situated it would be rather noisy in the morning, so we asked to change rooms, we were given another room, where the window faced the restaurant inside, this was perfectly fine, however the room itself wasnt as nice as the other one. it was alot smaller, non carpetted, the shower leaked, and the tv wasnt working properly. However in saying that, the service at the hotel was fantastic, the young girl at reception was fabulous, she was very courteous, her English was excellent, and she was extremely accomodating. She also recommended 2 restaurants that we visited for both lunch and dinner, that were brilliant. The breakfast the next morning was good, no complaints, But summerising everything I would still only rate the hotel 4 star not 5. I would possibly stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a carpeted room on a higher floor, unless the roadworks have finished.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I visited Gothenburg to see Gyllene Tider in concert, and having stayed at this hotel on 2 occasions in the past I opted to stay here again. Whilst we did have some very minor issues during previous stays, they weren't enough to stop me from staying again.

Communication by email with the hotel before arrival was excellent. I booked during a Summer Sale offer and booked a standard room for SEK3,600, which is very good value for a 5 star hotel. The roomed was guaranteed with a debit card.

Upon arrival, I was asked to give the card I had booked and the amount of my stay plus 15% for any extras was 'held' by the hotel. I wasn't told that this would happen when I gave over the card, but when I contacted reception later that day this was explained to me.

As I was travelling alone, I had a meal in the hotel pub, The Bishops Arms. Being from the UK I wanted to try their Fish and Chips. The meal was fantastic and I can't remember the last time I had Fish and Chips this good in the UK. The wine was good and of average price in Sweden (SEK62 for a glass)

Breakfast was the standard buffet type with a massive selection of fruits, breads, cold/warm meats and various hot/cold drinks that you would expect. Again, the food was excellent.

My room was on the ground floor, not far from reception. I think that this room must've been very recently renovated as the decor was lovely and typically Scandinavian. Being on the ground floor meant I couldn't open the window at night and this left the room quite warm, despite the aircon being turned on. The room had a great selection of TV Channels, a mini-safe and a big wardrobe for all your shopping needs!

The free WiFi for hotel guests is also great. Fast speeds and very reliable.

On my last night I chose to eat at the Bishops Arms once again and chose the Bacon Burger. Again, this was a great meal and good value (for Sweden!)

Check out was quick and simple and again the staff were very friendly. I was offered transport, by Gothenburg Central Train Station in only a short 5 minute walk away from the hotel.

The location of the hotel was great. Very near to the harbour was is perfect for evening walks in the sunshine and the Nordstan shopping centre is only a short walk away as is Kungsparken, a nice park in the centre of the city.

I'd thoroughly recommend this hotel to anyone, and will definitely stay in this hotel again on my next visit to Gothenburg

Room Tip: Ask for an outside facing room when making a booking. The hotel has a few indoor facing which overlooks the breakfast room which also serves as their restaurant, Swea Hof, in the evenings.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I have stayed in several Elite hotels (and loved them all), and this should be the best of them, at least on paper.
But actually it is not. Everything seems very coincidal, like where the reception is and the elevators. The rooms are the smallest I have yet experienced with Elite and actually the room was (again) just kind of random, like you had this idea that the rooms and the hotel was not really thought through. Breakfast was standard - and thats a pitty, because on other Elite hotels you get much better breakfast including local specialities and have organic food. Here its just boring actually and the breakfast are way to small to attend people who stay at the hotel. Good things are the location and the check-in was easy and effective.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 3, 2013

This hotel is the only 5 star hotel I know in Gothenburg which deserve to be the only one. Breakfast is amazing and you feel welcome when you enter the hotel. Under great direction of Mr Carlo Mandini, this hotel will be the bet one in the city. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Gothenburg was on our trip list because of the Swedish Emigrant Research Center. . . We ended up loving Gothenburg and the Elite Plaza was one of the primary reasons for this. The hotel was delightful, charming, lovely, and incredibly accommodating. The restaurants were great and we ended up eating there quite a bit! Our room was well appointed and we greatly appreciated the cognac and chocolates in the evenings! The little bar downstairs was perfect for sitting and watching the world walk by. The breakfast was just what we love in the morning. The hotel itself was a reflection of Gothenburg past and present. We will return and will become consummate Elite patrons . This place is VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Room Tip: Opt for a Jr Suite. It is worth it!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple